BASHO & FRIENDS Language Fun
By Raymond Basho Mosko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Basho & Friends Language Fun is a musical, multimedia edugame that allows kids to explore new languages and cultures in a safe and fun virtual neighborhood.
Kids select a game language and instructional language and then explore the neighborhood for fun, educational activities and music videos. With future releases the number of languages available and the number of city locations kids can visit will expand to offer situational learning opportunities in familiar settings.
The app has three main activities: Dress-up, Wheel of Animals, Educational Videos
- In the Dress-up activity, your child gets to dress up Diz the Dino and get him ready for his trip to the city. The activity contains learning mode which lets the child hear the words (seven articles of clothing and four colors) and quiz mode which lets them practice what they learned.
- In the Wheel of Animals activity, your child listens to the sounds of eight domestic animals (horse, bee, dog, chicken, cow, pigs, cat, duck), hears the pronunciation of the word in the chosen language, and sees the corresponding written words. In this activity there is a quiz mode too that allows your child to practice what they have just learned!
- Finally, the video activity contains educational videos for your child's enjoyment and learning. Videos include songs introducing the ABCs in English and Spanish, and colors in Mandarin!
Built around BASHO & FRIENDS' internationally adopted educational music, this app will delight kids and parents alike.
BASHO & FRIENDS creates musical content that is changing the way that kids learn. We're empowering kids around the world with tools to succeed in a global society - connecting the world through music.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Updated for Retina Displays
- Added link to our full YouTube channel
- Removed Yogiplay
- Various bug fixes