Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bowing Fun generates random string crossing exercises for violin, viola, cello and double bass to develop sight-reading skills and agility. The teacher or performer has a variety of choices, such as exercise length and difficulty. Exercises may be viewed on-screen, or printed to any AirPrint-compatible printer. This app is suitable for all performers, from beginning to the most advanced.
The exercises for the cello and double bass can optionally be written to be performed one octave higher than the open strings (using harmonics) to facilitate bow agility and speed:
• Violin: A4 and E4 [Treble clef]
• Viola: D4 and A4 [Alto clef]
• Cello (open strings): D3 and A3 [Bass clef]
• Cello (harmonics): D4 and A4 [Treble clef]
• Double Bass (open strings): D3 and G3 [Bass clef] (double bass sounds one octave lower than written, at D2 and G2)
• Double Bass (harmonics): D4 and G4 [Treble clef] (double bass sounds one octave lower than written, at D3 and G3)
• Custom: any two notes, any clef
Additional suggestions for using this app effectively can be found at bowingfun.com.
Developed for P. G. Robinson by Kosada.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Retina support
• iPhone 5 support
- HK$ 15.00
- Category: Education
- Updated: 12 December 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Kosada Incorporated
- © 2011 Kosada Incorporated
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.