Cambridge Dictionary of American English
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best American English learner's dictionary is better than ever, with new words and new features.
Based on the world's largest corpus of American English, the Cambridge Dictionary of American English provides up-to-date vocabulary, easy-to-understand definitions, helpful usage notes, and examples that show how English is really used. The second edition offers advanced search features and a thesaurus. The audio version features spoken pronunciations for every word.
* The most up-to-date dictionary of American English available.
* Over 60,000 meanings and examples are included.
* Organized by meaning, so there's no guesswork needed to find the exact meaning a student is looking for.
* Full-sentence, corpus-based examples show how English is really used.
* Up-to-date vocabulary ("DSL," "Jihad," "morph," "PDA," "retro," "Wiki") defines the language of today.
* More then 200 usage panels help you avoid errors commonly made in English.
* Usage notes help learners to avoid common mistakes.
* Frequency information helps learners identify the words they need to know.
* Clear definitions make meanings easy-to-understand.
* Guidewords help learners find the meaning they want—fast!
* Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The Cambridge Dictionary of American English app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the special language notes and ‘Word of the day’ feature
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words
What's New in Version 5.0.17
* Optimized for iPhone 5
- HK$ 88.00
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 16 November 2012
- Version: 5.0.17
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Mobile Systems
- © 2010 Mobile Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.