Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up for iOS 8!
Welcome to the new CBC News app for iPhone and iPad. With the tap of a button, you'll have access to the latest local, national and international news, brought to you by CBC's award-winning journalists.
The CBC News app has several new and enhanced features. Now, you can customize your home screen and view only the sections you choose. Handoff lets you start reading on your iPad and pick up where you left off on-the-go with your iPhone**. Navigation between stories and sections is improved; either swipe up and down or left to right for a smooth experience.
As always, you can enjoy all of our shows, including The National, your local newscast and the latest news audio clips.
* Clean new design with a streamlined home screen. Gives you top national, international and local news stories and the best photo galleries and videos.
* Get the latest news and push notifications on your Apple Watch.
* Simply swipe to browse stories, pull section headers up to skip entire sections.
* Visit the menu to get all the news sections you want, including politics, business, technology, the latest audio newscasts and sports. Customize your experience by dragging only the sections you want.
* Listen the the latest CBC News audio: World at Six, World Report and Hourly Edition.
* Get breaking news headlines delivered directly to the top of your home screen via the ticker
* Watch full-screen episodes of shows like The National, fifth estate and Marketplace
* Check the weather reports in your region and in cities across Canada.
* Optimized for iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and above.
Future updates include:
* Improved functionality
What's New in Version 3.2.0
Major update! We have added some new features and fixed some issues based on your feedback.
New in this build:
- Weather is back! On the main page you will now see a weather icon in the upper right section of the screen. You can tap on this to get forecast details as well as set up new areas to follow.
- Save stories offline.
For each story heading you will notice a new bookmark icon. Selecting this will save the story to your device either for later reference or when not connected to a network. Images, photo galleries as well as video content is not currently saved. Saved stories will be available at the top of the menu.
- Image descriptions in photo galleries will remain on the screen until dismissed or a new image is selected.
- Sharing to Facebook will now share the article properly
- Some more tweaks and improvements
Thank you for your feedback, we are listening!
- Category: News
- Updated: 25 June 2015
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 71.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
- © 2015 Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.