Chronicle - A Personal Journal / Diary / Writing Notebook
By Steven Romej
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ideas, stories, and life’s events. Capture them in a journal that’s easy to carry and offers more than bound sheets.
Chronicle is simple. It's an effective way to start writing more, today. More importantly, the app protects what you write. Export your journal entries to read on your computer or share with others. You can also create backups and save them to other apps such as Dropbox, Drive, and Evernote.
Take a break from your social network. Write comfortably and benefit from being able to find anything you wrote with built-in search. Search results include relevant snippets of text so you can easily find the exact entry you’re looking for.
Start keeping a journal or diary. Organize chapters for a novel. Jot down notes and ideas. You can always export what you’ve written for safekeeping.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* "A great app - probably my favourite app on my new iPad actually. Thanks!" - Jennifer N. v1.1.3
* "This is a developer who cares about quality product and is willing to consider any feature and solve any problem." - rbart09 on v1.0.6
* "Be assured that even with zero changes, this app is a real winner and a bargain at that!" - DeborahJay on v1.0
* "This is an elegant app that makes journaling with the iPad a snap, pretty much any time anywhere." - chaletchic on v1.0.3
* "I love the ease of use and simplicity, it really promotes getting your ideas down quickly and efficiently." - Tim Thomas on v1.0.2
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Distraction free writing in portrait or landscape mode
* Add photos and put them where you want. The text flows around them
* No limit to the number of photos you can put on the page
* Pick your font and font size just like you do in iBooks
* Customize the text color of your journal
* Adjust the date of your entries by tapping the date
* Resize and rotate photos. Tap to view a fullscreen, zoomable version.
* Customize your journal by picking a page color
* Fast search that provides context around keywords
* Support for Dynamic Type means text is never too small to read
* Extended keyboard makes it easy to insert timestamps into your writing
* Optimized scrolling; scroll back a whole year in a few seconds
* Option to password protect your journal entries
* Export single entries via email, with photos embedded
* Quick launch. Chronicle remembers the last entry you were on.
* Arrange your photos by dragging them; rotate with two fingers
* Autosave and undo while you're writing
If you need a way to organize your writing, get the Notebooks add-on with in-app purchase. The cover is styled based on your text settings within the notebook. You'll have unlimited notebooks that you can drag and reorder as needed.
Thank you for all of the emails with compliments and suggestions! Please consider rating the app or leaving a review.
If you have a problem or you're upset about something, the only way I can help you is if you contact me. Please try that first and give me a chance.
Please contact me at slidetorock.com with any questions or suggestions.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
- Privacy lock enhancements, especially for older devices
- Ability to export all entries as a text file
- Faster backup and export creation
- Ability to Mail your backups or you can 'Open In...' to save them elsewhere
- Fix for incorrect entry date in search results
- Improved crash reporting to make sure things get fixed faster
- App keeps recent backups, cleans up older ones to save storage
- Fix for database concurrency issues that could lead to rare crash
- Minor performance update related to displaying entry date
If you enjoy Chronicle, please take a moment to leave a review or star rating. This helps make more app updates possible, especially since the App Store hides previous reviews with each new app update.
- Improved autosave support
- Ability to import shared Photo Stream photos
- Ability to import the .backup file format from previous Chronicle / Chapters app
- Main views blurred in multitasking app switcher view for enhanced privacy (iOS 8)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting an entry in portrait orientation
- Support for quick backup of all entries
- Fix for crash that could occur when sliding passcode on/off switch
- Made creating backup of selected entries faster
- Fixed a bug that could prevent popovers from appearing
- Completely updated for iOS 8 (full support for devices on 7.0 also)
- Your text now flows around your photos
- PDFs now include photos
- Reduced app download size
- HK$ 23.00
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 29 January 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Steven Romej
- © 2011-2015 Steven Romej
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.