By Nanyang Polytechnic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
・ Silver Award for the 'Most Popular Mobile App' in SiTF Awards 2013
・ Top #1 New Featured Education App in App Store in Mar 2012
・ Top #1 Education App in App Store in Mar 2012
・ Featured in Straits Times, Channel NewsAsia, Shin Min Daily News, TODAY in Mar 2012
"What a wonderful way to create a beautiful and informative App."
Teemu Moilanen, University of Eastern Finland
"Very interesting. Learned a way to use iPad in an interactive way to learn something useful."
Keiran, St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
"Very rich and useful resource for learning. Good product resulting from rich partnership."
Chan Yew Wooi, Principal, Evergreen Secondary School
"It is an innovative tool that will definitely engage kids. I will use this with my students the next time I visit the Zoo."
Mannan, Principal, Ang Mo Kio Secondary School
"Very interesting project. Well Done!"
Mrs Sng, Principal, Riverside Secondary School
"A very creative and innovative app that would make learning more interesting for students."
Mabel Goh, Vice Principal, Greendale Secondary School
Enhance your learning experience on your next visit to Singapore Zoo!
Designed and developed by School of IT, Nanyang Polytechnic, Education@Zoo is a handy education guide that complements your visit with rich multimedia contents and interesting facts of animals, an interactive Zoo Map with Augmented Reality to guide your around, and the Learning Journey to learn and test your knowledge.
Features of Education@Zoo
• Visitor’s information on Singapore Zoo
• Performances and Shows (Includes Reminder feature to inform you when the shows are about to begin)
• Interesting facts, photos and videos of animals
• Enrichment facts and videos of animals
• Quiz to challenge your wildlife knowledge
• Singapore Zoo’s monthly newsletter - Wildlife Times
• Interactive Map shows your current location and guides you around the Zoo
• Augmented Reality shows you the direction and distance to attractions and amenities
Having fun in the Home Screen
• Animals Photo Gallery (Tilt your device to landscape)
• Interact with the animals (Tap and hold the animals to move them around)
Education@Zoo app is a joint collaboration between Fajar Secondary School and Nanyang Polytechnic with support from Singapore Zoo. This educational app is closely linked to the lower Secondary Science syllabus on Ecology in which the students did a research to gather data such as the animals’ natural habitat, adaptation, diet, food chain, endangered status, conservation efforts and interesting fact. The research work is done through Problem Based Learning (PBL) pedagogical approach.
- Category: Education
- Released: 06 March 2012
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 19.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nanyang Polytechnic
- © 2012 Nanyang Polytechnic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.