IMPORTANT: DO NOT buy FieldMonitor without reading this ENTIRE description.
WARNING! Test your camera’s Wi-Fi functionality using its native app (Panasonic’s Image App or Sony’s PlayMemories Mobile) and make sure your camera and workflow are supported BEFORE buying FieldMonitor:
• FieldMonitor will have the same latency, resolution, and reliability as the native app.
• If a camera control or feature does not work when using the native app, it won’t work with FieldMonitor either.
• Camera control is limited to shooting controls: FieldMonitor has no playback, review or download capability.
Wi-Fi monitoring needs a clear Wi-Fi channel. In areas with many busy Wi-Fi networks and/or sources of radio interference, performance cannot be guaranteed. Test for acceptable performance with your camera’s native app BEFORE buying FieldMonitor.
More info at https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/. Please contact me if you have any remaining questions BEFORE buying FieldMonitor.
WHAT IT DOES:
FieldMonitor™ lets you wirelessly monitor picture, exposure, and color using Wi-Fi-capable Panasonic™ Lumix™ cameras, Sony™ cameras, and Teradek™ H.264 transmitters. FieldMonitor runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Use customizable markers to show safe areas, aspect ratios, and framing grids. Desqueeze anamorphic images, with cropping to your final aspect ratio. Flip the image on either axis. Use focus assist to help nail your focus (camera sources only). Load 3D LUTs to make log images viewable and modify image appearance (camera sources only).
Use a waveform monitor, vectorscope, and/or histogram to monitor exposure and color balance. Each ’scope is movable and resizable. WFM and histogram display Y (luma), RGB, or Y+RGB; the WFM also shows YCbCr. The vectorscope shows 75% and 100% targets and can be magnified 2x or 4x.
With iPhone 5S or later, iPod touch 6G or later, iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2 or later, or iPad Pro, you can view a false-color picture with adjustable levels.
With a supported camera and lens you can start/stop recording, control exposure and color settings, and zoom or focus remotely, using controls designed for fast, direct adjustments (available controls depend on the camera and lens being used).
• FieldMonitor does not work with cine cameras or camcorders, only “hybrid” cameras like the GH5 and A7Sii.
• Audio is not transmitted from camera sources, only Teradeks.
• Panasonic's Wi-Fi image resolution is limited to 640x360 or 320x180; Sony's Wi-Fi image resolution is 1024x576 or 640x360 (for 16x9 images).
• “Smart Remote” Sonys do NOT allow use of Picture Profiles (including S-Log) or S&Q Motion when using Wi-Fi remote control. Focus points can only be moved in photo mode.
• “Ctrl w/ Smartphone“ Sonys do not display focus area, battery level, or storage info. Focus points can’t be moved in the app.
• Panasonic: Lumix cameras that transmit a live view while recording when using Image App. GH3 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode.
• Sony: Alpha and RX cameras that transmit a live view while recording when using PlayMemories Mobile, including the A5100, A6300, A6500, A7S, A7Sii, A7ii, A7iii, A7Rii, A7Riii, A9, and A99ii. A5000, A6000, A7, A99 and earlier cameras do NOT support video recording in Wi-Fi remote mode.
• Teradek: Cube (100–600 series), VidiU, and Clip transmitters. Bolt, Serv, and 700–800 series Cubes are NOT supported.
• Detailed info at https://www.adamwilt.com/fieldmonitor/support.html#Compatibility
Panasonic, Lumix, and Image App are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation. Sony and PlayMemories are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Teradek, Cube, Clip, VidiU, Serv, and Bolt are trademarks of Teradek, a Vitec Group Brand. FieldMonitor is an independently-developed app; Panasonic, Sony, and Teradek are not responsible for FieldMonitor’s performance, suitability, or fitness for purpose.
Camera Remote API by Sony.
• Minor bug fix: Focus rocker is now properly aligned with Zoom rocker on all iDevices, including iPhones X, XS, and XR.