GlobalProtect for iOS connects to a GlobalProtect gateway on a Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall allowing mobile users to benefit from the protection of enterprise security. The app automatically adapts to the end-user’s location and connects the user to the optimal gateway in order to deliver the best performance for all users and their traffic, without requiring any effort from the user. This allows users to work safely and effectively at locations outside of the traditional office.
Before installing this app, please check with your IT department to ensure that your organization has enabled a GlobalProtect gateway subscription on the firewall.
- Automatic VPN connection via full support for iOS VPN On-Demand
- Automatic discovery of optimal gateway
- Manual gateway selection capability
- Connect via IPSec or SSL
- Supports configuration deployed via an MDM
- Supports all of the existing PAN-OS authentication methods including Kerberos, RADIUS, LDAP, client certificates, and a local user database
- Provides the full benefit of the native experience and allows users to securely use any app
- Network administrators; please contact your Palo Alto Networks sales representative or channel partner to add GlobalProtect gateway subscription to your firewalls in order to enable support for GlobalProtect for iOS.
- Supported on Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls running PAN-OS 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0.
GlobalProtect app 4.1.5 for iOS is now renamed GlobalProtect Legacy and is superseded by the newly redesigned GlobalProtect app 5.0. We recommend that you uninstall any older versions and download GlobalProtect app 5.0 from the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work on iOS11
As title. Waiting for the fix.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.