＊ Next Bus實時抵站時間查詢
Citybus New World First Bus (“NWFB”) is now available. The enhanced route search function makes it more convenient to search for bus routes and Estimated Time of Arrival (“ETA”).
* Intelligent Route Search
- Display the fastest, lowest fare and less walking distance bus routes at your selected time of travel
- Provide estimated journey time integrating historical bus journey record and user walking time for your better journey planning.
- Octopus fare concession or fare concession are considered when displaying fare
- Able to input route number directly at main page. Routeing of different time periods are displayed for precision
* Next Bus Arrival Time Enquiry
- A Next Bus icon is located at main page for a more direct search of bus routes with ETA.
- Provide ETA of the next 3 arrivals within 60 minutes with the actual distance between the current location of the travelling bus and the selected stop
* User Friendly Bookmark Function
- Locations, route and stop, as well as specified origin and destination can be bookmarked to obtain ETA and perform point-to-point search
* Push notification
- With push notification enabled and a bus stop bookmarked, new customer notices and special messages of that route are pushed to the user.
* Instant Traffic News
- Display special traffic news provided by Transport Department
* Nearby Bus Routes Search
- Immediately track your real-time location to show all nearby bus routes.
* Bus Stop Navigation
- Equipped with smart navigation functions guiding you to the desired bus stop.
* Journey Log Tracker
- Remind you to alight in 2 phases (300m/600m). Present the latest 10 alight reminders in a summary; automatically remove each reminder upon arrival at the concerned bus stop to avoid repeated notice to ensure a timely journey.
Continued use of GPS service may reduce battery life.
Alight reminders are for reference only.
- Improved the page of selection of Route Variant
- Bug fix
Developers please read, LAG, AD HEAVY, NOT USER FRIENDLY
1) The app is lag and completely unusable during high traffic hours, the app relies on server side too much even the basic ui, yet the server is not stable, causing the very laggy problem.
2) WAY TOO MANY ads after updating to the latest version and you called that ‘bug fixes’ in the change-log, very accurate description! I understand ads is one of the income source to maintain the app up running, however as an app that serves the public, I don’t think there should be any kind of pop-up ads, it is especially frustrating when in a hurry to check a bus, not to mention how many clicks I have to click in order to check the info I want.
3) NO UPDATE FOR iPhone X screen resolution and up, STILL!!! Making the app looks and feels very antique.
Failed App, not user friendly
The Citybus app is NOT USER FRIENDLY at all, how many clicks do we need in order to find the bus arrival time!!! The App takes forever to load the landing page, and that also need to key in the bus routes in order for the App to find out which stop you are at and then to provide the estimated arrival time of the buses. It is frustrated that every page take time to load，majority of the passengers don’t use it 30 mins in advance to search buses.
The built-in location service has 50% chance to go wrong and show the wrong bus stop info thus wrong arrival time, the percentage is too highly when searching. The App offer very limited number of bus lines with arrival time, still very limited after Citybus launch the service since almost a year ago .
I think the App needs to be redesigned in the angle for the end-user (passengers) not as the App engineer. Please don’t make the App difficult to use especially for the bus arrival time function. Check out how KMB design its App, it is comparatively much easier to use.
I do not want to rate any star yet, the App has so much need to improve even it has been in the market for years.
Poor design with bad business decisions
I wish I could give it a lower score than 1 star as it really deserves none. The app user experience design is abyssal with functionalities hidden all over the places, and that's only when you actually was able to get into the app, as it crashes all the time. What's the use of the bus tracking app if you can't even get in it for the critical information!
And instead of fixing it and making it a more competent app, the company implements full screen ads with countdown timer, and half screen ads inside the bus timetables, forcing users to wait for the ads before able to use.
They should have just opened up the data and let others such as Google or Citymapper to do the tracking.