Living in a fast-paced city like Hong Kong, eating out is very much a way of life. Can we get delicious and healthy food in restaurants? Yes, of course! The Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health has tailored made the "EatSmart Restaurant Star+" mobile application to help you find an EatSmart Restaurant (ESR) promptly, and enjoy healthy and delicious dishes when dining out.
Under a new star-rating scheme of the “EatSmart Restaurant Star+” Campaign, ESRs are classified into one-star, two-star or three-star.
One-star ESRs - Green Star, Offer at least five “More Fruit and Vegetables” dishes on a daily basis
Two-star ESRs - Green Star + Red Star, Offer at least five “More Fruit and Vegetables” dishes and “3 Less” dishes on a daily basis
Two-star ESRs - Green Star + Yellow Star, Offer at least five “More Fruit and Vegetables” dishes as well as “EatSmart Promotion” on a daily basis
Three-star ESRs - Green Star + Red Star + Yellow Star, Offer at least five “More Fruit and Vegetables” dishes and “3 Less” dishes as well as the “EatSmart Promotion” on a daily basis
Features of the application:
- Encompasses the information of ESR throughout the territory, including addresses, telephone numbers and cuisine types.
- Allows you to freely locate nearby ESR on map through the GPS navigation function.
- Offers a search function to find your favourite ESR by district, cuisine type (Chinese, Western, fast food, Asian, tea restaurant or others), name and availability of promotional offers, etc..
- Provides an “Add to My Favourite” button for you to save the information of your favourite ESR. You can then easily retrieve the information later.
Smart means you. Act now and download the app!
Visit the following website for more information on healthy diets:
Updates on mobile accessibility
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
GPS not work with updated shop list,
Search function also was poor!
Bad! Fix it!
It's not responding at all
Fix it asap
- Central Health Education Unit, Department of Health, Hong Kong SAR, China
- 52.2 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Department of Health, HKSARG
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.