By masagi studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kacapi is a zither-like Sundanese musical instrument played as the main accompanying instrument in the Tembang Sunda or Mamaos Cianjuran, kacapi suling (tembang Sunda without vocal accompaniment) genre (called kecapi seruling in Indonesian), pantun stories recitation or an additional instrument in Gamelan Degung performance. Word kacapi in Sundanese also refers to santol tree, from which initially the wood is believed to be used for building the zither instrument.
Kacapi and recitation of pantun stories
It is not certain how long the kacapi has been used to accompany the recitation of pantun stories. In the Sundanese dictionary published by the Lembaga Basa & Sastra Sunda (1976) the primary meaning of the word pantun is given as kacapi.
This may be an indication that the relation between the kacapi and the recitation of pantun stories is an old one. Eringa (1949:3) points to the proverb "kawas pantun teu jeung kacapi", 'like a pantun(-singer) without a kacapi', used of someone who likes to give other people advice but who does not himself practise what he preaches. This proverb, according to Eringa, indicates that the kacapi is the Standard instrument for accompanying a pantun recitation. The Baduy Sundanese of Banten Province still make exclusive use of the kacapi to accompany their pantun stories.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Universal[+] (iPhone - iPad - iPod Touch)
- Sound bank sampled from real instruments
- New for Graphic images with animation from real instruments
- New for User interaction is specially designed to mimic real playing experience
- Optimized for low-latency sound reproduction
- great for media education
- Category: Music
- Updated: 22 February 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Dhany Irfansyah
- © 2012 masagistudio - biminasoft. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.