Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• With your newsfeed you can discover what the readers you trust are reviewing and rating highly to find your next great read, and discuss the books, passages and ideas that inspire you while only being one tap away from diving back into your book.
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Kindle is simply Awesome!!
I’ve been using Kindle for years, its replaced my dusty books that take up space in my small apartment, and made my library totally mobile. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection every now and then and you read on the go anytime.
Sure - there are some drawbacks for reference books, but there is also a lot of positives, I can screenshot stuff for building notes, and quickly annotate or highlight texts.
I know a lot of people who like the feel of books, but Kindle is environmentally friendly and has made it easy to carry books about.
I do like bookshops though - if Kindle could somehow support those guys it would be the best!
Comparison with print
I love the scroll feature. It still doesn’t have the flexibility of being able to read, for example, p 347, 492, 601. It doesn’t quite have the flexibility of a print book in this respect. As an avid reader just trying to provide feedback.
Of course Kindle has many fantastic features that print doesn’t and I’m gradually shifting away from print.
Hard to change country
I have two kindle accounts in different country, but the app sticks to one country that I cannot login to the other account unless I change the language of the iPad. Could there be a place to change the country of the store just like that in the Mac version? That would help a lot