Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
it’s a very good app for reading journal articles but not so user friendly in many of its operations. It is so complicated to move files around to organise into folders. I guess this is just one of the examples. I really hope you can look into the details
I uploaded files on desktop, but I don’t see them here. And it is very difficult to put files into the app in my iPad
And there is no annotation tool at all! Just a highlight tool.
Cannot sync files.
Frequent crushes when marking pdf files.
No single page mode.
Oversimplified pdf note taking function.