"MyMapHK" is an "All-in-One" mobile map app, which provides members of the public a convenient and on-the-go access to the official maps published by the Lands Department and integrated geospatial information about public facilities in Hong Kong.
- Up-to-date, detailed bilingual base map of Hong Kong published by the Lands Department.
- Ortho map of Hong Kong published by the Lands Department.
- Over 120 types of public facility data integrated from different government departments.
- Different themes, namely "Map of Hong Kong", "Hiking", "Old Hong Kong", "Election" and "Offline Map", with categorical geospatial information and specific functions to account for different users' needs. More themes will be subsequently available.
- Point to Point Public Transport Route Search.
- Intelligent location search engine with speech-to-text feature.
- "Nearby Facilities" functions which searches the facilities located within 1 km buffer area of the user's current map viewing location.
- "Facility Display Short Key" which enables the overlaying of a particular type of facility onto the map.
- "My Location" function which allows users to view their approximate current location on the map.
- "Location Bookmark" function which allows users to bookmark a location on the map for further reference.
- "Share Map" function which offers two options, namely "Share Map URL" and "Share Map Image", so that users can share the current map view with others.
- Useful map tools, such as measurement tool, magnifier, etc.
"MyMapHK" requires an internet connection. Using "MyMapHK", data transmission fees may be incurred for transmitting data through mobile devices. You are suggested keeping track of data usage from time to time.
Although "MyMapHK" is a free application, user may be charged by their mobile network service provider on the use of data service. These charges can be very expensive on roaming. Please ensure that the option of "Data Roaming" have been disabled in the mobile phone settings.
The estimated location provided by the mobile device may deviate from your actual location. The accuracy depends on the GPS on your device.
"MyMapHK" features an automatic rotation of map. When enabled, the map is automatically rotated based on the direction reported by the device's built-in magnetometers in which the device is pointing. The accuracy may vary depends on multiple factors such as the type of the magnetometer and local magnetic fields.
Enhanced map browsing experience
Ratings and Reviews
3rd party keyboard
It's a useful map for Hong Konger! Support!
However, the map can't support the 3rd party keyboard properly. Please fix this problem in the next update
Function of Hiking
I have some comments about the apps and would like to share with your team.
In the “Go to map” within “Hiking” theme, when I want to search the nearby facilities using the top right menu “Nearby facilities”, the trail which I have chosen will disappear on the map. I feel puzzled as I want to locate some facilities around my trail and I can’t do that.
I think this situation is the same logic when I use “Map” theme in the apps. But I think the map in hiking theme should serve different when comparing to map theme.
better than google map and apple map
have many local HK information. Very well done. One of the best app written by Government
- Lands Department
- 67.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Lands Department, HKSAR Government
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.