Developed by Octopus Cards Limited, this all-new Octopus App enables you to enjoy the following services:
Check your Octopus card
- View your past 3-month spending records as well as summary by categories of your registered Octopus cards at a glance.
One-stop sign-up / log-in O! ePay
- With O! ePay, you can make P2P payments with friends, and top up your Octopus card via the Octopus Mobile Reader* anytime anywhere
Make online payment
- Make online purchase, bill payment and donation with O! ePay
Enjoy fabulous offers
- Find special deals and download eCoupons
Public Transport Fare Subsidy Scheme
- Collect the subsidy by tapping the Octopus card, and view the record of public transport expenses and subsidy amount, as well as the registration result of designated transport tickets
*For more information of the Octopus Mobile Reader, please visit: http://www.octopus.com.hk/octopus-mobile-reader
For more details, please visit www.octopus.com.hk/octopusapp
Licence Number: SVF0001
•A re-designed mobile interface with enhanced features brings you a brand new mobile experience.
•Newly added “Past 3-month Spending Records Enquiry Service”
•Collect the subsidy by tapping the Octopus card, and view the record of public transport expenses and subsidy amount, as well as the registration result of designated transport tickets
Ratings and Reviews
Update: 6 months have passed, the octopus app still has yet to be updated to work with the new read/write NFC functionality with iOS11. And connecting to your Sony reader is increasingly difficult if not impossible.
Octopus management: Can you come to your senses and get it to work? What’s taking you so long to work with Apple to support Smart Octopus on iPhone?
Until you can figure out how you can work with Apple Pay to bring the convenience to iPhone users and hence make this app at least marginally useable, I suggest you just remove it from the App Store rather than letting it subject to an object of ridicule. I wish I could give this app zero star.
This is by far the most atrocious app I have ever used. I was attempting the upgrade to my O! ePay account but wanted to cancel because I realised that it did jack. So, I called customer service, but the automatic voicemail kept on advertising the bot Helen to resolve the problem. Even after 5 minutes of talking with the automatic voicemail, I was unable to reach a live person at the call center. To link your Octopus to the app, a “Octopus e-reader” is required, while other apps do not require you to link your card at a specific location. The app interface is spicy orange and fosters an extremely unpleasant visual experience. What this app needs is extensive modernisation and simplification.
Usefull since the merging of the two apps
- Usefull and practical.
- Huge improvments in one year.
- No feeling anymore to be money trapped
since the adoption of the FPS.
- Easy to use.
- Unfair to pay for the device ( 228 HKD one year ago for my part) to customers when they are leaving automatically funds either in the " general wallet" AND in the different cards they own.
- Octopus which was THE example of contactless payment 20 years ago, seem to sleep on its succes and dont make much innovations.
What about the reward it offers when we shop in Welcome ? All data base payments are known . So why not to transform the card as a sort of debit card either ?
4 stars only because of the 228 HKD I still dont diggest keeping it across my throat .
- OCTOPUS Cards Ltd.
- 140 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Filipino, Indonesian, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Octopus Cards Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.