By Vianney Lecroart
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Enter a unique science fantasy MMORPG and dive into a unique organic living world !
Ryzom is one of only a few commercial-grade MMORPGs that are fully open source: client, server, tools, and media. Being open source means that Ryzom draws on a vibrant community providing fixes and functionality above and beyond that of what the team can provide. It offers players a unique opportunity to become involved in the development of the game.
Far from being a frozen world, Ryzom is constantly evolving in regard to your actions. Will you spark another war? Will you found a lucrative commercial guild or aim for political power? What if your hunting talents could be decisive in the struggle against Kitins?
Pick your actions well, for each one of them may impact the world and its inhabitants!
Ryzom characters are unusual in that they are not bound to a class. That means you don't have to choose between being a warrior, a mage, a harvester or a crafter. You can improve your skills in all these classes with only one character; you do not need to focus on one path. For example, you can, at your leisure, either train your pike handling, put on your magic amplifiers to heal or cast offensive spells, pick up your pickaxe and harvest materials, or go into crafting a new armor or weapon.
You have absolute freedom!
Ryzom offers official interactive events (with live NPC's), regular and varied, that evolve according to your actions. Nothing is preordained! Would you like to create your own event? The Animation Team is always at your disposal and will gladly support and assist in logistics.
In addition, many guilds are prepared to open their doors to help your character evolve!
For lovers of imaginary languages, the players and Animation Team have created unique languages. Roleplay immersion guaranteed!
Picture yourself, in front of a city gate, looking at a far hill and sighting the scouts of a Kitin swarm. Now picture hundreds of Kitins following them, moving like a united and swarming army. Huge battles call for the cooperation of a great part of the community to counter these threatening invasions. And what if, one day, the Kitin were to win again, threatening hominity for the third time?
You can fight everywhere, but only when you wish to do so. Duels, outposts battles, faction of region fights... You are free to engage in them... or abstain!
ADVANCED FORAGE & HARVEST
Ryzom features an advanced havesting and crafting system.
Harvesting - allows you to dig materials from the ground depending on season and weather and your skill. It's not so simple once predators get involved!
Crafting - Careful combination of materials depending on their characteristics and colors, allows production of unique weapons and armors. Thousands of recipes are possible.
A powerful A.I. system allows for a realistic wildlife behavior: carnivores attack herbivorous herds, realistic and dynamic animal motions make them lively, sometimes endearing, other times worrisome. There are also mass migrations on season changes and different behavior for different species. Take your time to sit and observe the life around you, it's an unforgettable view. But be careful of predators!
Ryzom is a 3D persistent world consisting of five lush and varied ecosystems. Landscape, wildlife behavior and ground material availability all change according to season, weather and time.
Discover the beauty of the Forest in the spring, do battle in the Jungle in a rainstorm under a summer sky streaked with lightning, lose yourself in the dunes of the Desert in the fall, or relax enjoying the reflections of a winter sun on the pure water of the Lakes.
What's New in Version 22.214.171.12490
Upgrading visual effects:
- Better rendering (FXAA, anisotropic filtering, impovement of bloom)
- Rectification and regeneration of all textures
- Optimus support for NVIDIA cards
- Fix of the missing textures for some boots when they were worn with a mage dress
- Implementation of OpenGL 3D as the default driver for all platforms and graphic cards
- Updating all external libraries
- Support of 64-bit architecture for the latest version of all platforms
- Improved compiler support (GCC 5, MinGW, Visual C++ 2012, 2013 and 2015)
- Upgraded support of HTML in the game (new tags, abolition of dependance on libwww, patches, etc.)
- New version of the multiplatform configuration program
- Support of GIF image format
- Support for unicode filenames under Windows
- Fix of the Error 62 at the log to the server. A big thanks to Vojtěch Vobr, a developer of AVG Technologies, who helped us with finding and fixing this error detected by AVG and which was preventing some players from logging into the game.
- Improvement of the connection speed to the server, now 1 second from 10 previously
- Fixed the crash with NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards
- Implemented new Ryzom Installer tool
Improvement of security:
- Hashing passwords in SHA-512 instead of DES
- Updating of SSL certificate
Ease of use and other improvements:
- Ingame text enhancement
- Random name generator for character creation
- Numerous optimizations, enhancements and bug corrections
- Fixing of a number of warnings
- Use of all cores by default
- Detecting the amount of memory on the graphics card and use of appropriate quality
- Vertical sync supported on all platforms
- Use of XAudio2 as audio driver by default on Windows
- Major reconstruction of the interface to include a WYSIWYG editor
- Support for new styles for fonts
- New links for support and forums
- New Ryzom icon
- Improved appearance of boots in combination with caster pants
- Adding the date in the filenames for screenshots
- Support of accents in emotes and correct display of them
- New command /playedTime which displays the played timed with the character
- New command /version which displays the exact client version
- Some translation fixes
- Fixed vertical synchronization (VSync, called VBL Sync in ingame options) under Windows
- Improved support for input and textarea HTML tags
- Display more information on hardware and software configurations in log file
- Improved MP3 player that should work on all platforms now (you must create a "music" directory and put your files there)
- Support for monospace fonts
- Improved text alignment everywhere
- Improved HTML tags and attributes support in WebIg
- Implemented font scaling
- Added scrollbar to macro commands list
- Fixed mouse pointer location after exiting freelook
- Fixed some minor bugs and improved code