Scene & Heard Lite
By Therapy Box Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scene & Heard Lite takes a Visual Scene Display approach to augmentative communication. It is a multilingual capable app (by recording your own voice), where teachers, parents or therapists create interactive communication scenes that can speak a message, play a video or link to a new scene. It is all supported by Widgit symbols. Visual scene displays are essential for supporting new communication aid users in their early communication and learning.
Scene & Heard Lite provides a way for therapists and educators to explore the flexibility and features of the app in their assessment process.
Scene & Heard Lite allows for the use of scanning and switch usage, so would help assessing speech pathologists and educators to see how a client accesses and uses the app.
To create a scene with Scene & Heard Lite, simply take a photo and make it interactive. Spoken messages, videos, symbols or a link to a new scene can be added to “hotspots”, or active areas on the photo to create a powerful and motivating communication tool. Scene & Heard Lite can be used as a simple message device, offering an entry level for AAC users, or for teaching the importance of cause and effect. In addition, the application can be used as a multi-scene dynamic system. For example, a person using AAC can use a scene to share their experiences, such as a trip to the dentist, a visit to the museum or playing in the park.
Key features of Scene & Heard Lite:
- Build ONE scene with vocabulary on the go. Take photos with your iPad or import photos from your photo library.
- Record your own voice messages for your scene to make basic requests or share stories
- Take or import short video files to allocate to the scene
- Choose and use over 10000 Widgit symbols to use to support communication
- Create hotspots (tagging a scene) on the scene and allocate actions, so that the picture is interactive
- Link scenes
- Try out some of the pre-built scenes in the scene library, and then easily create your own scene
- Use a flip book or grid view to find your scene
- Flexible, easy and fun
- Use one or 2 switches using a TherapyBox Switch Box or RJ Cooper switch interface
- Use the whole screen as a switch in "touch anywhere" mode. Uses scanning to highlight the active areas and the person using the app can tap anywhere to make their choice.
Scene & Heard Lite is designed to cater for a range of needs, starting with simple single message based communication through to sophisticated interlinking of scenes with a range of interactive features.
Some ideas clinicians and parents have had so far:
- single message communication aid
- communication passports
- step-by-step videos and instructions for completing daily tasks
- use in the community,e.g. ordering coffee
- creating therapy tools
- teaching basic concepts such as cause/effect
- video diaries
- home / school liaison
- social stories
- narrative support
- interactive education games
- interactive email messages to family/talking video postcards
What's New in Version 2.5
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 March 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 105 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Therapy Box Limited
- © 2011 Therapy Box Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.