Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.
- Fixed an issue displaying citations
- Fixed some display issues
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks Robert for the excellent application! I'm finding search capabilities in different languages (Chinese, Japanese, German etc) especially cool and useful! I'm now using this program in preference to other's I've tried (Wikiamo, Wikipda, Wikitap, Quickpedia).
However, as many people tend to read in bed, would be very much appreciated if autorotate could be turned on/off in the settings!
Fairly Good but Bugs..
Love the wiktionary function
But whenever I tap to check the definition of a word, the page shows the previous word I checked instead of the one I just tapped on.
Would like to see this bug fixed in next update.
It's really convenient and helpful. User can easily access the pages and need not to wait for the loading ordinary page. Recommended to be used!
- Robert Chin
- 7.3 MB
- 需要 iOS 11.0 或以上版本。與 iPhone、iPad 及 iPod touch 相容。
- Age Rating
- 分級為 12+，因為內容涉及：
- © 2009-2016 Robert Chin
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.