A Particle Magnetophone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A Particle Magnetophone is one of the best innovative iPad/iPhone apps, which brings a totally new concept of a touch-less, audio-visual application that literally make music in the air and visual effects at one time. The audio control of generating sound can be compared to the theremin. The trick is that you need not to move or touch your device.
The application uses a combination of the magnetic sensor, great graphic possibilities, and marvelous sound which are offered by iPad/iPhone and iOS. The magnetic sensor is placed just around the biohazard sign on the app's view, so closer you get with a magnetic stuff the higher tones are generating. By included keyboard you can determinate in which musical scale will magnetic fields play sounds.
****Even tone deaf people can play nice melodies with this instrument!****
The sounds are very suitable for music like funky, dub step, electro, trip hop, noise, and many more.
Wow - by Widelows, 5 stars
"This is basically a Theremin! Very impressive, I had my magnetic screwdriver out making interesting melodies! Haha. The particles are an interesting add, but I usually turn the iPad over on its back so it's more sensitive. Great app though! Definitely an app to grab for a laugh! I will be buying the full version soon enough."
круть - by mishaloginovas, 5 stars
Love it - by Stefski101, 5 stars
"Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I think it's great fun for messing about with a magnet for some vintage sounding tones and has nice graphics to go along too. Worth the 69p."
Very trippy - by Tiger Bauer, 4 stars
"It's very much just a magnetic iPad theremin. I just took a fridge magnet and away you go, all sorts of weird squeals and trippy imagery."
So just grab some magnetic, metaled stuff or get closer to them by upper-right corner of your device and try out. Don't be afraid to use a real magnet, your iPad cover is magnetic as well. (little problem could be iPhone 4S which has a metaled frame, that can cause interference while getting too close with a proper magnet)
See how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslyZi7TSNI
– unique musical instrument
– the most impressive metal detector ever
– practical tool to teach/learn how physics or music works
– magician's tool, to make illusion of a magical hand
– uses 3D space around magnetic sensor to make sounds and animations, touch-less control
- up to 5 octaves available (depends how strong magnet is)
– change speed or variation of particle animation sequences
– change particle size of animation sequences
– variety of 5 synth instruments simulating sound of organ, human voice, clarinet, flute and
– tune color or vibrato of the generating tone
– change sound volume
– set your own musical scale by the virtual keyboard to be played
– save your settings
- designed for iPad2, but iPhone version included as well
iPod devices does not have possibility to detect magnetic fields so you cannot use them as the musical instrument (only basic tone is generating).
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- iOS 8 ready
- UI changes
- bug fixes
- Category: Music
- Updated: 21 November 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tomas Baculak
- © 2011 - 2014 Vanya Otvorij
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.