Algorithm for Management of Diabetic Macular Edema
By Anmar Abdul-Rahman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Designed for ophthalmology trainees and healthcare providers as a guide for the management of diabetic macular edema, a common clinical condition
The App consists of:
-Example cases of diabetic macular edema and some examples of other forms of macular edema in diabetic patients with history, examination, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), fluorescein angiography (FFA) highlighting management principles.
- Algorithms for the management of diabetic macular edema with and without macular traction
- Brief principles with clinical examples for the clinical assessment of diabetic macula
- A consent feature in which the user can upload images and draw on the image as a method of consenting patients for ophthalmic procedures. Double tap the background to erase the drawing. Visit the image gallery page http://aar.comxa.com/1_10_Image-Gallery.html to download useful images for this purpose.
- OCT classification of Diabetic Macular Edema with clinical examples.
-Table on the comparison of common hemorrhagic retinopathies, Diabetic retinopathy, Central retinal vein occlusion and Ocular ischemic syndrome.
-The authors’ recommendations for management of macular edema preoperatively prior to cataract surgery.
-Outline of the major clinical trials in diabetic retinopathy.
-Hemoglobin A1C conversion calculator, converts units between percent and mmol/mol.
Designed in an interactive format with key points highlighted in example cases.
Dr Anmar Abdul-Rahman is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Medical Retina and Glaucoma Sub-specialist at Counties Manukau DHB, Auckland, New Zealand. He is also a Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer University of Otago.
What's New in Version 2.5
Minor bug fixes
- USD 3.74
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 02 November 2012
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 127 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Anmar Abdul-Rahman
- © 2011 Dr Anmar Abdul-Rahman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.