By Graham Haley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Provides hill data for a number of popular UK and Ireland hill lists including ...
Munros and Munro Tops, Corbetts, Grahams and Donalds, Welsh and English Furths, Wainwrights and Outlying Fells, Birketts, the Irish 900s, Arderins, Binnions, Carns, Vandeleur-Lynams, all County Tops, the Trail 100 and many more!
There are 7315 hills in total, almost an entire lifetime of hill walking. If you run out, please let me know!
- Track completed hills by ticking those you have climbed
- View counts per list (hills completed and total)
- Supports multiple ascents and rounds
- Sort lists by section/book number, name, height, distance, date climbed or ascents
- Save the date and add notes for each ascent
- Share your location by email or SMS when you get to the top of each hill
- Access OS/Irish grid reference or latitude/longitude per hill
- View hill locations on a map
- See route information for popular hills, provided via external links to the Walk Highlands and MountainViews websites
- See weather information for selected regions in Scotland, Wales and England, provided by the Mountain Weather Information Service (MWIS) website
- Find your current location and display it as an OS/Irish grid reference or latitude/longitude
- Set your location by searching for places or postcodes
- View your current location and surrounding hills on a map
- Backup your data and sync it between devices using iCloud, Dropbox, WiFi or iTunes file sharing
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
DATA, ROUTES AND WEATHER
The data for the UK and Ireland has been extracted from version 13.1 of the Database of British Hills, with kind permission from Chris Crocker and Alan Dawson.
Route information for the Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Wainwrights, Hewitts and most of the Trail 100 is provided via external links to the Walk Highlands website.
Route information for all the lists in Ireland is provided via external links to the MountainViews website.
Weather information for Scotland, the Lake District, the Peak District/Yorkshire Dales and Snowdonia is provided by the MWIS website.
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/hills/). Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Minor improvements to the layout on iOS 7. Also made the Today/Unknown button on the date screen more obvious.
Improved the way you enter dates on the iPad. This fixes a long standing bug where your ascent list could be confused if adding ascents out of order.
Brought the backups screen into line with my other apps (Account Tracker and Meter Readings).
What's New in v4.0 ...
This is a MAJOR UPDATE, adapting the user interface to iOS 7. If you don't like change, or you don't like the iOS 7 interface in other apps, PLEASE DON'T UPGRADE as there is no easy way to go back. For a preview of how the app looks, see the screenshots on the AppStore or my website.
Also included are the following enhancements ...
On the list screen, I now display more meaningful areas or regions per hill. You can still see section numbers by sorting by section, or on each hill screen.
Added a sort by ascents option, which sorts a list of hills by decreasing ascent counts.
Changed the icon and launch screens for the winter. The image is (of course) Buachaille Etive Mor.
Other minor improvements.
Note that the minimum iOS version now supported is 5.0.
Finally, if you like my app, please continue to support it by leaving a review on iTunes. If you are not keen on the iOS 7 interface, PLEASE see my website for an explanation of iOS versions and the UI, and what you can do about it.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 23 January 2014
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Graham Haley
- © 2009-2014, Graham Haley
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.