PickUp Magazine International
By Gao Dayong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PickUp Magazine, from China with music...
The first interactive eMagazine of Chinese music & culture. This is the International English version.
What’s the matter with “made in China”
It’s bound to happen that Chinese music will present the world in a new way, it can not need to gain the curious sight of the westerners by emphasizing “made in China” again and again. “made in China” has already lost its attraction to western because of the rapid development of Chinese economy. It’s a good thing for us. We do not want to see a phenomenon that Chinese young musician rely on our notion of freedom and democracy to gain the western’s attention and applause. It‘s a shame which is nothing with music. If you respect the civilization of the country, don’t use this sight to inspect china.
The real Chinese musicians talk in musical way, but not in a propagandist measures of the difference in the east and west culture.
The Pickup has its own reason to born in this age. As the first magazine to the western, it introduces the real musical culture of teenagers in China and hopes to people find out the real China. It never lack of music and culture, but the people who can distinguish it. You can feel what they need and what they fight against in the it, either you are a creator of music or consumer of the culture. Maybe you can not find the answer, but it’s better than never, after all there are some people who are different from the western. The people there do what they love. And all of these have nothing with politics.
You can understand the situation of Chinese Contemporary music and the behavior of Chinese teenagers in this magazine. And you can also read the thinking of Chinese Contemporary teenagers.
Current Issue: 1
* Reflector - It's You
* Coffe-in - Bomb Girl
* Inescapable but madly in love with "Perdel"
* Life is so short, so fill it with your joy! -- Pink Perry
* 6-5-4-3-2-1 Burning! Mosaic!
* Never Gone Youth -- About "Mr. Turtle"
* We are on the way -- A review of Chinese music festivals in early summer, 2010
* Chochukmo -- A pink bomb from Hong Kong's underground
* Long Kuan new album interview -- Hello, we are from Guang Dang Star!
* China Rock Chart
* Secondary Occupation Flowering
* Sixty years, one style -- A scan on rock clothing in the past sixty years
* Party Mania
* Farewell to my heartbroken lover -- Club 8
* Smooth interactive
* Background music with high quality
* Great reading experience
* With free preview downloads