By Venkat Chandra
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Even in this digital era, both young and old need to learn how to spell words. SpellMePal is a free app which serves this purpose. It is a great tool for kids preparing for Spelling Bee competitions and also for those yearning to improve their spellings. It also helps parents prepare their kids.
The app comes with various features:
* A word is pronounced and the user is asked to type the spelling.
* Meaning of the word is provided.
* Alternate pronunciation is also available.
- Bee List
* A number of word lists pertaining to various grade levels is available.
* The user can click on the word and learn the pronunciation along with the meaning.
* Option to create a new word list and populate it with words from the in-built database.
* Option to add new words which will be validated against the dictionary before accepting.
* The user can configure the number of words for a Spelling Bee Test.
* The user can configure the time for each word.
* The word list to be used for the test can also be selected.
* Historical results are available to help parents track the progress of kids.
* The wrongly spelt words are also provided so that the parents can train the kids on specific words.
- Other features
* The Scripps winning words is available as a word list.
* A new word list will be available in the App every week.
* Special lists will be available on a timely basis - eg:- Halloween word list, Election word list etc.
- Supported devices
* Works on iPhone and iPad.
* Need Data connectivity for the App to work.
* Ensure the volume is high enough for the sound to be audible.
- Category: Education
- Released: 29 June 2012
- Version: V1.1
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Venkat Chandrasekharapuram
- © 2012 Venkat Chandra
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.