Explore the historic site of Washington-on-the-Brazos with this magic window into history.
See the town of Washington as it looked in 1836, when delegates from all parts of Texas came to write the Declaration of Independence and Constitution of the Republic of Texas. Through the magic of augmented-reality, the app presents a virtual town of Washington, full scale and overlaid on the historic site for you to explore.
• This app is primarily designed for use at the Washington-on-the-Brazos Historic Site, southeast of College Station, Texas. (No wi-fi or cell service required after downloading the app.)
• To explore the 1836 virtual town elsewhere, choose the Offsite Tour.
Discover the town by walking around the historic site, meeting the people and exploring the buildings as they were in 1836. Toggle between the full virtual world and the augmented-reality view that superimposes buildings and people against the modern environment.
Washington-on-the-Brazos, the birthplace of Texas, was a crucible of Texas democracy, the place where Texans gave voice to their grievances, forged their Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and brought forth a new nation: the Republic of Texas. Download the app and see it like never before!
The Star of the Republic Museum, Blinn College, and
Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site, Texas Parks and Wildlife
App development by Eduweb, Inc.
The project was funded by a grant from the Texas Pioneer Foundation, with support from the Washington on the Brazos State Park Association.
* Camera button added back to take screenshots
* Updated to run on iOS 11
* Improved 3D graphics
- eduweb, inc.
- 455.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Star of the Republic Museum and Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.