VMware vSphere Client for iPad
By VMware, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VMware vSphere is the industry's most complete and robust virtualization platform, offering the highest levels of availability and responsiveness. The VMware vSphere Client for iPad is a companion interface to the traditional vSphere client, optimized for viewing and managing your vSphere environment on the go. With this client you can monitor the performance of vSphere hosts and virtual machines. Virtual machines can be started, stopped and suspended. vSphere hosts can be rebooted or put into maintenance mode.
* Search for vSphere hosts and virtual machines in your vSphere environment
* Monitor the performance of vSphere hosts and virtual machines
* Manage virtual machines with the ability to start, stop and suspend
* View and restore your virtual machines’ snapshots
* Reboot vSphere hosts or put them into maintenance mode
* Diagnose vSphere hosts and virtual machines using built-in ping and traceroute tools
* NOTE: This application is only available as-is, with community support only. Please visit the community forum: http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vsphere/ipadclient
* vCenter Mobile Access (vCMA) virtual appliance available from the VMware Labs: http://labs.vmware.com/flings/vcma
* Network connection to the vCMA virtual appliance; can use built-in VPN client
* VMware vSphere and VMware vCenter Server 4.x or higher
What's New in Version 1.2.0
New in v1.2 (see notes below):
* Migrate virtual machines without downtime using vMotion. The feature is available via Host & VM action menus. Virtual machines can also be two-finger flicked/dragged from the Host detail view to enter vMotion mode
* Ability to email vMotion validation error details to others
* View task progress reporting on VM cards
* Ability to refresh vCenter host list
* Support for ESX 3.5
* Support for VMware vSphere 5.0
* This version requires vCMA 1.2, available at: http://labs.vmware.com/flings/vcma
* Min iOS version: 4.0
Works ok, but support for new iPad retina still missing... Pretty ugly without retina support.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 17 October 2011
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: VMware, Inc.
- © 2011 VMware, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.