Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Export to a CSV file
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone and Mac*
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
• Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great, could be slightly better
- It would be great if it could operate off the task list maintained by Chrono Plus.
- It would be very useful if the Reports page had the ability to show a breakdown of actual time spent per task per day.
- The Reports page could have back/today/forward buttons to navigate days/weeks/months.
- It would be useful to be able to configure Auto Start separately for intervals and breaks. The use case being that it is good to start the break timer after a work interval but becuase we are supposed to be away from our computer for breaks, it does not make sense to start a work interval automatically in case we don’t make it back to our desks exactly by the end of the break.
- It would be useful to be able to stop timing for the day altogether before reaching the set goal. Currently, when I finish a work interval which I decide to be my last one for the day, I will have to skip the break following it and then skip the work interval following that break. This works but it increments the skipped intervals count for no reason.
- Bug: In the tasks view, tasks can’t be dragged to the end of the list.
- Bug: The “Edit number of intervals” dialog box appears behind the main window.
- Bug: I had Be Focused Pro running on both my MacBook Pro and iPhone. After four intervals, the Mac correctly started a long break but the iPhone started a short break. The settings on both devices were the same.
Simple yet powerful
All the other pomodoro timers where a lot more complicated and not intuitive at all. This app is simple to get started with, but still offers a lot of customoization options.
Handy little utility
Although I have no issues organizing my time, this nice little app helps me in becoming even more focused. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.