Diabetes Mellitus pocket
By Börm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Diabetes Mellitus pocket is an easy-to-use guide designed to assist with the complex daily care of patients with all types of diabetes in both office and hospital settings. This App is a useful resource for residents and fellows in training, as well as experienced internists and endocrinologists.
- Contains the latest recommendations from the ADA and AACE
- Includes treatment protocols for inpatient and outpatient management, diabetic ketoacidosis, intensive insulin therapy in the ICU, and insulin management for labor and delivery
- Convenient tables detailing drug doses, insulin delivery devices, and summaries of major clinical trials
- Special chapter on pediatric and adolescent diabetes and complications like diabetic neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy and diabetic macular edema
- Interactive calculators and scores
About the authors:
Elise Brett, MD, graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She completed her internal medicine residency and fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. She is currently Associate Clinical Professor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She is also a Certified Nutrition Support Clinician. She co-edited Nutritional Strategies for the Diabetic and Prediabetic Patient and Power of Prevention: The Complete Guide to Lifelong Nutrition. She is in private practice in Manhattan.
Jeffrey I. Mechanick, MD, is Clinical Professor of Medicine and Director of Metabolic Support in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Bone Diseases at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Mechanick is an Officer of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Past President of the American Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists, and Member of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition - Science Board
This App is for Health Care Professionals.
What's New in Version 2.1
1. Implementation of split-view for ipad
2. Resolved and fixed minor functionality issues
1. A complete overhaul of the app’s look and feel
2. Additional detailed information on comorbidities and complications of diabetes; and new drugs for the management of diabetes mellitus
3. New features like iCloud, font size adjustment, and full text search
4. A quick-reference essentials section
- 8,99 €
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 02 May 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 35.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Borm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
- © Borm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.