Join over 300 million learners on Duolingo, the most popular way to learn languages! It’s free, fun and effective. The secret? Duolingo feels like a game and makes sure you stay motivated.
Over 30 languages to choose from - all completely free!
• "Far and away the best language-learning app." — The Wall Street Journal
• "A single app for language skills, self-improvement and digital escape." - The New York Times
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education." — TIME Magazine
• "...Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun..." - Forbes
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages using advanced technology to personalize every lesson for you. Practice reading, writing, speaking, listening and conversation with intelligent Chatbots. Track your progress, earn rewards, and join the world’s largest community of language learners.
We offer: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Norwegian, Polish, Hebrew, Esperanto, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Welsh, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, and Swahili. Oh, and English too.
While all learning content in Duolingo is free, we do offer Duolingo Plus which removes ads and provides other helpful features. If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
If you don’t choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, you can simply continue using Duolingo for free. Current Duolingo Plus subscription price starts at $9.99 USD/month. Prices are in U.S. dollars, may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice.
Two new feature alerts:
1. Hear, hear! We've added a brand-new "listen-and-tap" exercise type for all courses, where you listen to a phrase and then tap the corresponding words from the word bank below. These exercises will be shown at earlier levels of each course so you can get a head start on improving your listening comprehension skills.
2. We’ve got some ’splainin' to do - you asked for more explanation around grammar and pronunciation, so we’re adding exactly that! Tap the new Tips icon next to certain skills to get in-depth explanations of key concepts. We’ll be adding more every week, starting with our Spanish, French and Chinese courses.
For more Duolingo news, contests and product releases, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @duolingo.
Ratings and Reviews
With its friendly approach and awesome updates, Duolingo’s long been one of our favorite apps for learning another language. Its secret: making the process genuinely fun. Engaging mini-games test your reading, writing, and speaking skills, and joining a club (where you can encourage and compete with others) adds a great social element. Bonus: all those languages and games are available for free!
I do not like this ‘new’ design with the crowns. It’s not good that I cannot practice the lessons one-by-one, just by bubbles...
Still a best app, 5 stars.
Imrovements need in:
- mobile vs computer: lot os content not avaiable from mobile, have different platforms which is not so good I think. Should be more options from mobile.
- clubs: i do not like that I can only join to one club and if i am a member one of them, i cannot check the other clubs. If i want to search for a new club, i always have to leave the current one.
Appreciate your imrpovement regarding these.
Update 24th Sept, 2017
Adter the last 2 updates i am facing problems (in Romanian):
- Grading lessons are really slow. I always think that the app is freezed.
- exercies have problems as well. I am writing the correct answee but the app does not accept is and I cannot move on... App asks me to translate something to Romanian but when I do it it will be "wrong answer" and offers me the English as "right answer".
I love this app, truly the best of all. However It would be great if:
- vocabulary would be avaiable at the end of the topics (bubbles)
- and we could practice in the whole topics (bubbles) separately, not just the weakest words.
from useful to horrible
It used to be really good, now it is full of ads to make you upgrade it (although they promised it is going to be free forever...). Also, the chatting bots are completely ignoring my answers and they are giving their own automatic answers. So this function makes no sense at all. The hearts are also ridiculous, I loved it when you could lose hearts at the “test out” part, it made it a bit of a challenge, but why should I lose hearts when I am LEARNING something new? Makes no sense again. Oh, and you have to watch ads if you want to have more hearts to pratice more. Or you have to buy them (so much for free language education). Another thing that disturbs me is that there are no explanations for the rules, sometimes it feels like playing the lottery - guys, if you really want people to LEARN something, you should explain it properly! Last but not least, they should consider using real human voices, because these robot voices are still annoying.
- Duolingo, Inc
- 158.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Duolingo, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Duolingo Plus 3 390 Ft
- Duolingo Plus 3 390 Ft
- Streak Repair 1 090 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.