Take handwritten notes in digital, multi-media notebooks or annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents. All notes are searchable and you'll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes lets you organize all your formerly paper-based information in a single place.
AS NATURAL AS WRITING ON PAPER
Create and write in digital notebooks or import documents, images, websites, emails and more. Use one of many supported styluses (Apple Pencil included) or your finger to write like on real paper. GoodNotes' pioneering vector ink engine provides a fluent, precise and completely natural writing experience.
ALWAYS FIND WHAT YOU WROTE
Everything is indexed. Search your handwritten notes, typed- or PDF text across all documents. Quickly find the right documents and folders and open them from the search results. The same powerful OCR technology also lets you convert handwriting to typed text to export it to other apps or create text boxes in GoodNotes.
ALL YOUR NOTES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
Sync your notebooks across all your iOS devices using iCloud.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES
* Unlimited Undo & Redo
* Powerful and smart eraser
* Lasso tool to rearrange, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
CUSTOMIZE YOUR NOTEBOOKS
GoodNotes comes with a large set of beautiful covers and paper templates. Included are: Essential papers in common standardized sizes, meeting templates, device-specific papers, monthly & weekly planners, Cornell note paper, legal pad paper, dark paper, checklists and more.
Need more personalization? You can import any image or PDF into the template library to reuse it over and over again.
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Group documents and notebooks in folders
* Create shortcuts to important folders, notebooks or single pages with one tap
* Search across all notes to find what you‘re looking for
ALMOST MAGICAL DRAG & DROP SUPPORT
* Drag documents into your library to save them
* Drag images to your notebooks and write on them
* Export documents from GoodNotes by dragging them to other apps
* Drag handwritten notes to text editors and convert them to typed text automatically (Depends on receiving app as well)
* Drag screenshots into GoodNotes to annotate and save them
* Learn more about all possible drag & drop interactions on our blog and website
MORE EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES THAT MAKE GOODNOTES UNIQUE
* All the tools you need for taking notes: Fountain Pen, Ball Pen, Brush Pen, Eraser & Highlighter
* Shape Tool: draw perfect shapes and lines (Color filling & Multi-Stroke Shapes are supported, too)
* Lasso Tool: Rearrange, resize, & rotate notes and images. Convert handwriting to typed text. Change the color of the pen and highlighter strokes.
* Auto-Advancing Zoom Tool: Write neatly and fluent
* Image Tool and Text tool: Comfortably add and edit images and text boxes
* QuickNotes: The fastest way to create new notes and start writing right away
* Export of whole notebooks and documents or choose to export one or more pages
* Import and annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents
* Toggle between open notebooks with one tap
* Switch between list view and thumbnail view to display your notebooks in the library
* Flexible scrolling direction (horizontal or vertical)
* Rest your hand on the screen with the built-in first-in-class palm rejection
Visit our website at goodnotes.com for more information.
In this version, we've improved the rendering speed for PDFs. This will load large PDF files much faster, which are often used by architects, in construction, or for digital planning.
Ratings and Reviews
Problems with exporting
I can’t seem to fin a way to export several pages of a botebook to my camera roll. I have to select them one by one instead of selecting them all and saving them at the same time like in GoodNotes 4. It is really annoying and time consuming.
And also, backing up is troblesome; now I can only set my iCloud as a backup space, but the problem with that is that it is always full, so I have to turn it off comletely (I’d love to use Dropbox or GoogleDrive). I really wish that auto-backup button would be in this app too, it was really useful.
Otherwise the app is great, I love writing my learning notes on my iPad 😁
I loved Goodnotes 4 and I was rather excited to upgrade to this version of the app, but boy was I wrong to be excited. The app is shinier and more modern than the one before, but nothing more can be said about it. I had tons of bugs, were annoyed a thousand time while using the app, still gave it some time. But even after some updates, this version still continues to dissapoint me. The eraser is a disaster, the writing is not as smooth as before, in fact, if I dare to erase anything on a page, then that page is as good as rubbish, because the writing starts to lag very heavily. The shape recognition is also close to being useless. Do not buy it, get the Goodnotes 4 instead.
Great app, could be made even better
I love this app, use it daily. However, I discovered that I cannot change the template of an existing notebook if that notebook uses a custom template. The Apply button just does not do anything. I have searched the developer's site for info on how to report bugs, in vain. I hope they watch this space and come out with a bug fix soon. Also eagerly waiting for Hungarian to be added to the list of recognized languages. Additionally, if an infinite canvas was available as an option, I would have no reason to use Notability.
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 338.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Time Base Technology Limited
- 2 990 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.