KNIGHTS AND MERCHANTS recreates the era of the Middle Ages. Apart from the purely fictitious geography of our world, all game elements and scenes are based on the Anglo-Saxon period, ca. 1200 A.D. And we haven't used imaginary elements like fabled creatures, either. The player takes on the role of an ordinary captain in the Palace Guard. A conspiracy against the king catapults the captain into a situation where he finds himself responsible for the defence of the last royal province. This is all that remains of the shattered kingdom, which has been split into numerous small principalities and fiefdoms. And now even the king himself, ensconced in his capital, is threatened by enemy armies. This is the starting point of your Middle Ages adventure. Now you must win back all those provinces which once belonged to your king.
KNIGHTS AND MERCHANTS can be described as a strategic economy simulation. Economics play a major role in this real-time action game. The player can manufacture different products, making use of numerous buildings and producer goods of the Middle Ages period. He can then use his serfs to construct and maintain buildings and roads. The economical structuring is very specific - you manufacture finished products using various raw materials which go through your production processes. All these manufacturing systems are highly detailed and visually understandable, enabling fast and dependable control of your economy.
- Lush realistic landscapes based on the European countryside
- 20 thrilling Missions
- About 20 different buildings, including horse stables, farms and gold mines
- More than 12 different types of characters
- Different troop types, including archers, scouts and knights
- On-screen hints and tutorials provide easy guidance to get you started
- Realistic landscape display
- Production and movement portrayed in detailed animation
- fixed problems with language selection under macOS sierra
Ratings and Reviews
Good old game
Good old game, I love how the economy is structured. If you want to have a little town, where you know each and every one of your people, then this is a good choice.
The only downside is the absence of fast forwarding, which was only included in a later expansion of the game (and currently not available in the AppStore)
Rengetegszer random mód kilépked… Nagyon nehéz átmenni egyik küldetésről a másikra hogy ne dobjon ki… Nincs hálózati mód.
- Runesoft GmbH
- 285 MB
OS X 10.7 or later
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 1998-2013 Topware Interactive AG, Macversion by Runesoft GmbH
- 3 490 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.