Laokang® Tone Trainer
By Kangjian Remote Services Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Master Chinese Tones. You can, and you will, with Laokang Tone Trainer. For students of Mandarin Chinese at all levels, this app patiently trains your tones step by step until you are proficient. Soon, you will amaze your teachers and friends with your clear and consistent tones.
Laokang is a non-native speaker who learned tones as a young adult, and now teaches Chinese at Wheaton College near Chicago. He developed an original method for coaching tones while living in China over the last 25 years. The key features are:
1. You use tones in every English sentence, therefore you have the innate ability to use Chinese tones too.
2. Tones are learned in two-syllable words, where the contrast between the two is better grasped.
3. The app trains with “ma ma” in 20 different intonations; even beginning students can use it, as no vocabulary, characters or pinyin is required.
4. When you can hear all 20 two-tone combinations readily, you are ready to work on pronunciation.
5. The app tracks your progress with short quizzes at every step.
6. Learn from your mistakes: compare your recordings with the correct answer as often as necessary.
7. The diagnostic test takes only 2 minutes, and allows you to track progress and spot problems. It tests accuracy and speed.
8. Through training your reaction time will speed up, improving your Laokang Tone score.
9. Updated version now incorporates different colors and capitalization for each tone which gives visual learners a big boost.
This app is a must for all non-native students of Chinese with a will to improve their Chinese.
Interested? First download the free "Laokang Tone Test", and find out your current score. If you score over 80, you do not need “Tone Trainer” unless you really want to perfect your tones. But if you score under 80, Laokang Tone Trainer is guaranteed to help dramatically, as you can prove to yourself when you retake the test in a few weeks.
What's New in Version 2.2
iO7 update, lower price
Added color coding for tones
Added pinyin text with differentiated capitalization
Refined scoring system
- 1,99 €
- Category: Education
- Updated: 13 March 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Kangjian Remote Services Ltd.
- © Paul Condrell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.