* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
Props for the dark mode.
Update: Dark mode is still the single feature in messenger that would set it apart from other messaging apps. The Fb app should see of it as well, though.
Messenger now with the new, simple look and dark mode enabled looks absolutely gorgeous. Pretty much the first time I’m rating with four stars. Keep it up! Haven’t stumbled into any issues as of yet, however as far as I know, messenger still degrades the quality of sent images/videos, which must be considered if you guys ever wanna reach a five star rating. I really wanna stress the importance of seamlessly sending highest/original quality images and videos over messenger.
This is more like a question/suggestion regarding the app. Isn’t there a ‘mute option’ for only the Messenger?
It would be so great if there was a Silent Mode for the whole app rather than just the option to mute a specific person. The reason why is because e.g I don’t want to turn on the silent mode on my phone during the night because I want to be available for emergencies. However there are friends from different time zone who can send me messages while it is in the middle of the night for me and I don’t want to wake up for the notification.
(I know I could turn off only the internet and would still be available for calling but this option would be so great)
Anyway this is a great app, Thanks for your hard work on this! :)
Please get it fixed!
I used to love the app, I was using it with the update for a while since I had installed it with test flight. There had always been other small issues like the face time bugging, or not having the best quality, but I was ok with that, because it was still useable. But yesterday weird stuff started to happen. My phone would not send a single picture in any way possible, and it was highly disturbing. The new update completely dissapeared, and the speed of the text delivery decreased. These are really annoying and I am pretty angry about them. Could you guys fix it somehow? I would be so grateful!
- Facebook, Inc.
- 229.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.