Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect circles and straight lines.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 8.4.5 ***
• Fixed an issue with editing notes in locked subjects
• Miscellaneous minor bug fixes and improvements
*** What’s new in 8.4 ***
• Sneak peek of what we’ve been working on - Notability introduces perfect circles! Like our straight line feature, draw a circle and hold for it to be auto-corrected. More to come in 2019!
• Improved pinch to zoom, allowing you to zoom out to see multiple pages at once or zoom in further for detailed work.
• Added more keyboard shortcuts, including to create a new note, go back to the Library, and easily navigate within a note.
• The word count of a note is now available in the information popover
Ratings and Reviews
Not so bad, some problems
I can’t believe that this app regularly deletes all my notes and then tries to download them again. First i noticed when i went to a long trip to Japan and all my notes were suddenly gone. And it keeps happening, the most fun part now that even they download they dont get assigned back to their folders... for weeks all my notes are a mess and cant get them back. Great!
Update : after some google i hacked together a solution so my notes stay on my ipad. It took me one hour to figure out. It is definitely an annoying bug. Actually the app is quite good but besides this problem recently it started lagging while making notes so the lines appear with a delay. Other than that its quite useful, thanks for the devs reply to my review also.
Developer Response ,
Hello, sorry to hear you're having troubles! I think this article (https://support.gingerlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011137951-Solutions-to-Common-Issues) will really help you sort out these things. Of course, please also feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Could be great...
I like this app, it’s easy to use and I am in love with the way the magnification works. I really only have three problems with it.
No. 1: we can’t have subfolders. I have a lot and here I mean A LOT of documents and already a ton of folders, which are getting harder and harder to navigate between. If a subfolder feature were introduced it would make I believe the lives of not only me but many others way easier.
No. 2: the highlighter... are you kidding me? It’s so horrible, it covers the text! I have thought about switching apps, that’s how much this annoys me. Also, I am not a big fan of the fact that we have to press long in order for our lines to be straight, why can’t it be straight in the first place?
No. 3: pictures are hard to manage. If you want to add a picture, you have to be perfectly aware of the size you want and where you want it because the second you click out of it, it’s close to impossible to change anything about it.
Overall I like the app, it does make taking notes and looking through PDFs easier, these are really the only problems that I’ve experienced up until now.
I am experiencing lagging in the pdfs, they run so slow and no matter what tool I select they appear few seconds after choosing them.
In addition, the share option does not work for me. When I click on share, a box comes up which says "working " but then it doesn't load at all and suddenly the app crashes.
I am very disappointed with this app since I was very excited to try it at first when I got it 3 days ago. I hope someone helps me to fix this issue since I really need to use it for my studies..
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 294.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
- 3 490 Ft
- In-App Purchases
- Spring 699 Ft
- Summer 699 Ft
- Fall 699 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.