Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote. AUTO-
BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 3.0.3 ***
• Fixed a crash that could happen when searching
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some refinements
First of all: I love it! I use it as my one and only not taking app at University.
Secondly it needs some refinements:
- the iPad version desperately needs support for bluetooth styluses even with the mostly functioning palm rejection, but there are styluses with extra functionality like shootout buttons, pressure sensitivity which could be very useful in the app
- needs a button to refresh notes as GetMail works in mail apps
- handoff would also be a handy feature if I prefer writing text on my Mac and would prefer draving on the iPad version
- highlighter needs refinements: it should not cover the text, but paint the surrounding area. Notability needs to add support for text highlighting
- the iPad version needs to add objct recognition when drawing (circle, triangle, rectangle, polygon, LINE, table). The separate drawing tools is just not smooth enough, can not use it as fast as it should be
As an extra: it would be nice to see a feature which recognises handwriting and converts it into text (maybe learns handwriting).
Also as an Engineering student I would love it if it was possible to insert equations with handwriting recognition (also recognising greek letters).
desktop and mobile versions are not identically aligned
Hi, I have been using this app for 2 years now, very useful app and I love it!
However something needs to be changed.
As long as I copy/ paste pictures in a note using desktop version, with text before and after it (as in taking note of lectures etc..), the desktop version is beautifully aligned and nice with good pages.
However when synced, the format of pages is different than that on mobile/ iPad version: lines are messy, texts and pictures are running all over the place .. A chaos!
If I tried to fix on the mobile version, then the desktop version become a mess! again: lines are messy…etc…
Please do something to make all versions are identically in the pages settings etc on all devices :)
Thank you so much for the hard work!!
Automatic link detection does not work
This is my favourite note taking and notes organizing application so far however I wish the new features worked properly for Notability for macOS such as hyperlink detection, smart email address and date recognition. 📝
🙁 I wish the automatic link detection works properly on both macOS and iOS devices.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 73.8 MB
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 3 490 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.