Open Mic Finder Plus
By Winston Jordan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OpenMicFinder+ provides a list of more than 3,000 Open Mic venues. TIP: You can Tweet your Open Mic to @OpenMicFinder to have it added to the OpenMicFinder+ App database.
OpenMicFinder+ has four application screens plus access to the native iPhone Google Map for blow by blow directions. (TIP: you can Bookmark, Share (email/MMS) or "Add To Contacts" any of the OpenMicFP locations using the iPhone's Google Map)
1. Main Table View: Displays a select list of 1000 of the nearest venues from the more than 3,000 venues in the database. The venues are listed in the order of closest proximity to the iPhone. A very powerful search feature can be used to search for comedy, poetry and other venues by keyword, even for quasi zip code (combination of white space and partial zip, e.g.'
2. The Detailed View: Displays individual information (scrollable) about each club, distance, rating, address, phone number (dial feature enabled), convenience of getting the directions directly from the detailed information view outweighed the inconvenience of having to restart the OpenMicFP application all over again. general info, descriptions, etc. The directions button on the upper right Navigation bar exits the OpenMicFP application to take you to the native iPhone Google Maps application. Unfortunately you're not automatically returned to the OpenMicFP Application.
3. Inside the App Map View: This map, which can be accessed from the annotation flags from the MegaMaps map pins, is the web version of a Google map. If you have a Google account you can save your location, which is yet another way to fave a location and then access it and share it through your Google account.
4. MegaMap View: Display of map region centered on location of your device and displays the nearest 150 venues with annotations. The map view animates the Pin Drop for a dramatic effect. This map has annotation pins that provide access to an in App map and a phone number convenience dial function (this dialer doesn't return to OpenMicFP - sorry)
New Data/? [Get New Data] OpenMicFP now stores data locally and only updates the database if you click the "Get New Data" button. This makes the App launch in less time than in earlier versions. It only takes a few seconds. Push the "Get New Data" button - confirm by pressing the "Download New Data" button and then restart the application. We are always learning of changes to various establishments and we immediately update business information, sometimes several times daily. Make use of this feature as much as you deem necessary.
Note: OpenMicFinder+ is for entertainment purposes and uses publicly available information. There is no warranty that the information provided is reliable, current or accurate. Information is provided as is and is best used as guidance when information is confirmed through contact with the venue's management.
OpenMicFinder+ venues are predominantly United States based. International venues are very limited at this time.
© 2010 Winston Jordan - Software Production
© 2010 www.GoodCheapFast.com
What's New in Version 2.02
Bug fix - fixes on launch occasional but all to frequent "update location"infinite loop that caused application to "freeze" during startup.
- 2,99 €
- Category: Music
- Updated: 23 March 2012
- Version: 2.02
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Winston Jordan
- © Winston Jordan - Software Production
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.