By Jason Crane
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Screw Thread Matcher is a utility app for the identification of bolts, studs, machine screws and other threaded fasteners, making it a useful tool for the engineering hobbyist, classic car enthusiast or model maker. Simply enter the major diameter of the thread (the distance measured across the bolt threads) and the thread pitch (this distance between each thread peak) and the app will provide a list of possible thread matches ranked in order of likelihood, with an exact match getting a 5 star rating. Near matches are also listed and give you a chance to see possible threads that could be missed due to inaccuracies in measurements, or size differences due to old, worn or corroded threads. Near matches can also be used to choose near metric equivalents for the replacement of obsolete imperial fasteners, or show the availability of different thread pitches for the same diameter threads.
To narrow down the search for the thread you are looking for a subset of threads can be searched. On the config screen a list of available thread families is shown. Each family can be tapped on to include or excluded it from the search.
* Thread size can be entered in mm or inches
* Thread pitch can be entered directly or as a combination of thread count and length (e.g. 25 threads / 12mm or 10 threads / 0.5")
* Tap a given thread match to access a screen of thread data available for that thread family.
* Thread size can be converted into mm, decimal inches or fractional inches
* On screen caliper of measuring thread diameter
* On screen thread gauge for measuring thread pitch
* Free version has ISO-Metric (M) Course, Fine and Extra Fine threads
* Update to Pro version for extra thread families:
* British Association (BA)
* British Standard Pipe (BSP)
* British Standard Whitworth (BSW)
* British Standard Fine (BSF)
* Unified National Fine (UNF)
* Unified National Coarse (UNC)
What's New in Version 2.2
- Updates for iOS 8
- Fixes for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Removed Ads
- Updates to GUI
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 22 March 2015
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jason Crane
- © 2011 Jason Crane
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.