Capitalism Is Dead: Peoplism Rules
Creating Success Out of Corporate Chaos
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Peoplism is a revolution. It is radically altering the formation and functioning of business and society. This strategic management book analyses the impact Peoplism has on organizational success. It outlines the challenges facing business leaders in adjusting to the demands of a marketplace where commoditization and globalization continually erode margins.
Coined by Alec Reed, the term Peoplism describes an economic state where individuals own and control the most important factor of production, their human ability. After centuries where money and capital have been the driving force of business and the economy, Reed argues that the importance has shifted irreversibly towards the individual. And whilst companies confidently declare that people are their most important asset, the real consequences of such statements have yet to bite.
Based on original research, Capitalism is Dead: Peoplism Rules examines and proffers practical solutions to the key challenges which lie at the core of today's business. They include:
- the diminishing power of the state - organizational implications and opportunities
- recruitment, retention and measurement of top talent - optimizing private intellect insurance
- the diminishing power of the brand - how to reposition marketing when it is off-target
- short-termism and narrow focus of accounting practices - how to realign with the key value drivers
- how to develop Unique Strategic Positioning within companies, strategies for boosting the corporate libido, and proposals for developing the new Profit:Enterprise ratios.
Written with the warning that Peoplism is no kinder than capitalism, this book explains why companies need to act on this radical sea change, and advises how best to do so.