“aacorn AAC is a revolution in the way we provide assistive speech support to children.. The first to really capitalize on the strengths of the iPad" - Professor Sue Fletcher-Watson (University of Edinburgh).
The challenge of finding an assistive speech app that works for your child or student can be overwhelming. Research has shown symbol-based augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) apps and devices can be expensive and difficult to use, and far too often younger, developmentally delayed, or intellectually challenged users struggle to find the words they need.
AACORN AAC is the break-through that has everyone talking!
An innovative assistive speech AND language learning solution designed to be used by non-verbal children of all ages and abilities. aacorn is easier to use, more affordable, and goes beyond the ‘buttons that speak’ approach found in other apps, to also expand vocabulary and improve language comprehension!
aacorn’s unique WORD TREE™ interface is the easiest to learn and use, because it was designed and made for children and the iPad - not ported from old style speech-generating devices for adults. Kids love aacorn’s bright friendly design, large buttons and intuitive layout! They often immediately understand how to use it, and find it a LOT faster and easier to communicate.
Instead of hunting and pecking for single words, your child/student makes a word choice and branching pathways with smart suggestions for the next word in a sentence present themselves automatically! Over time through seeing these modelled your child associates meaning to word pairs. It works because it is a more natural approach that mirrors how we learn language, and removes much of the searching for words that can make traditional AAC apps and devices so frustrating..
The difference is amazing, with aacorn proven to help pre-literate children as young as 2yrs expand their vocabulary, and dramatically improve their language skills!
~ "BridgingApps highly recommends AACORN AAC app and think this app has great potential for kids needing help with making sentences as well as communicating basic words" - Bridging Apps (Easter Seals)
~ "LOVE the word tree! If I needed an AAC this is the kind of interface I would want!" - Dr Robin Parker (PraacticalAAC)
~ "My son achieved more in 1 week with aacorn than he did in 2yrs with PECS and another well-known AAC app" - SaraB (USA)
AACORN AAC features:
* Research-based child-friendly design. Easiest to use - Guaranteed!
* The exclusive Word Tree™ Interface - teaches language and grammar!
* Unique Word Prediction - learns what YOUR child wants to say!
* Hi-Contrast graphics, large buttons, intuitive layout
* Real recorded Children’s Voices (English, US, UK, Aus)
* Synthetic Text to Speech Voices (adjustable speed and pitch)
* Built-In Interactive Lessons
* CORE Vocabulary
* Powerful Word Creation and Editing Tools built-in
* Customise Categories and Sub-Categories
* Take/Import Photos via iPad Camera
* Save Favorites and History
* Word Search
* Fully Customisable Layout
* LiveChat Support, Email Support, and online User Group
* Free Lifetime Updates
aacorn is featured in Apple’s ‘Special Education’ and ‘Accessibility’ collections of recommended iPad apps that empower, and is widely acclaimed as the easiest to learn and use AAC app for children of all ages and abilities.
i. aacorn supports the Apple Volume Purchase Program for schools and educational organizations purchasing multiple licenses.
ii. Learn more about aacorn and see videos/reviews at www.aacornapp.com
The top-rated augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) solution for non-verbal and speech delayed children is now even better!
* New: choose between real recorded or synthetic TTS voices
* New: create sub-categories eg: food/veges
- aacorn LLC
- 441.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © aacorn
- Rp 999ribu
- In-App Purchases
- Frequent User (Silver Bundle) Free
- Emerging User (Bronze Bundle) Free
- 'AACORN Plus' Advanced User (20% Off) Rp 739ribu
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.