Email Filing Assistant Lite
By Schulz Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tired of dragging and dropping emails into mailboxes? Try EFA one-click filing. Email Filing Assistant Lite (EFA Lite) for Apple Mail simplifies and accelerates the filing of emails into mail folders.
EFA Lite requires Apple Mail, which is part of Mac OS X.
With an ever increasing number of mailboxes and emails, it is often a tedious and time-consuming task to file emails. It is not uncommon for mail accounts to consist of dozens or hundreds of mailboxes. And the more there are, the more time the user requires to think about the right target mailbox and then to drag&drop the email into it. Especially if it is a sub-sub-sub-mailbox, which requires the user to navigate through a mailbox hierarchy.
EFA Lite tackles this problem by analysing the filing history of emails and considering the user’s own preferences. It then makes suggestions of mailboxes from which the user can select from, by simply clicking on one of them, and voila, the email has been filed by EFA Lite.
This saves valuable time when an email needs to be filed and reduces distractions from the actual tasks the user wants to carry out. EFA Lite is really easy to use.
EFA Lite can file individual emails. Buy EFA to also batch file several emails at once.
EFA Lite supports 3 different filing strategies, whilst EFA supports 9.
The supported filing strategies are:
1. Favourites. These are set under favourite mailboxes in preferences -> filing. This setting is great if you want to include e.g. particular project folders.
2. Sender. EFA looks into the FROM field of a selected email and identifies in which mail folders other emails from this sender reside.
3. Sender. But if I am the sender, then every other recipient of this email.
Whether you organise your mailboxes by sender, topic, or project, EFA Lite can possibly support you. It offers a number of different filing strategies from which to choose from.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
- EFA Dock: Messages can now be filed from the EFA dock icon menu. EFA can rest in the dock without consuming screen real estate. This is a handy feature when Apple Mail runs in fullscreen mode.
- Redo lets you quickly repeat the last filing for any number of messages.
- Filing messages is now significantly faster. Especially when many messages are filed together in the individual filing mode
- Undo speed has been improved
- User interface animation improvements and extensions
- It is now possible to inspect the index in near real-time, whilst indexing is underway.
- The speed of the ‘recipients’ indexing mode has been increased.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 25 May 2012
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Karsten Schulz
- © 2011 Schulz Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor