Email Filing Assistant Lite
By Schulz Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Email Filing Assistant Lite (EFA Lite) for Apple Mail simplifies and accelerates the filing of emails into mail folders.
EFA Lite requires Apple Mail, which is part of Mac OS X.
With an ever increasing number of mailboxes and emails, it is often a tedious and time-consuming task to file emails. It is not uncommon for mail accounts to consist of dozens or hundreds of mailboxes. And the more there are, the more time the user requires to think about the right target mailbox and then to drag&drop the email into it. Especially if it is a sub-sub-sub-mailbox, which requires the user to navigate through a mailbox hierarchy.
EFA Lite tackles this problem by analysing the filing history of emails and considering the user’s own preferences. It then makes suggestions of mailboxes from which the user can select from, by simply clicking on one of them, and voila, the email has been filed by EFA Lite.
This saves valuable time when an email needs to be filed and reduces distractions from the actual tasks the user wants to carry out. EFA Lite is really easy to use.
EFA Lite can file individual emails. Buy EFA to also batch file several emails at once.
EFA Lite supports 3 different filing strategies, whilst EFA supports 9.
The supported filing strategies are:
1. Favourites. These are set under favourite mailboxes in preferences -> filing. This setting is great if you want to include e.g. particular project folders.
2. Sender. EFA looks into the FROM field of a selected email and identifies in which mail folders other emails from this sender reside.
3. Sender. But if I am the sender, then every other recipient of this email.
Whether you organise your mailboxes by sender, topic, or project, EFA Lite can possibly support you. It offers a number of different filing strategies from which to choose from.
What's New in Version 3.3.2
- Updated Code Base to Mac OS X 10.9 and 10.10.
- Filing strategies can be selected from the dock menu. This complements the already existing functionality in EFA to file emails from the dock menu. EFA can rest in the dock without consuming screen real estate.
- The filing strategy ‘Favourites’ has been adjusted as follows: When an email has been selected in the mail client and if EFA can extract the sender email address from this email, then the length of the green bars next to the favourite folders correspond to the number of emails from the sender in the favourite mailboxes. This is a more consistent behaviour to the other filing strategies.
However, if no email has been selected in the mail client of if EFA cannot extract the sender email address, then the length of the green bars corresponds to the number of emails in the favourite mailboxes - independently of the sender.
This means that if there is no email from the sender in the favourite mailboxes, then the green bars will remain empty.
- Addresses an issue in which the application could have locked up when the user tried to initiate a filing of emails when the application was still working on a previous filing.
- User Interface improvements
- Addresses an issue in which the confirmation of top-level mailboxes in preferences can be interrupted
- Updated the support link in EFA ‘?’ Button.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 12 June 2015
- Version: 3.3.2
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Karsten Schulz
- © 2011-15 Schulz Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor