*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Welcome to How It Works, the magazine that explains everything you never knew you wanted to know about the world we live in. Covering science, technology, history, space, transport and the environment, no subject is too big or small for How It Works to explain.
What you’ll find in every issue:
• Global Eye – the latest news, developments and events from the world of science, technology and space
• Amazing images – each issue is loaded with fantastic cutaways, illustrations and photography
• Features – How It Works’ articles explain the most fascinating subjects and topics in an exciting way that everyone can understand
• Brain Dump – get the answers to all your burning 'how and why' questions answered in our reader Q&A section
• How To – your guide to fun experiments and projects to try out at home
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month, 6 months and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £3.99 / $3.99 / €4.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.29 / $2.99 / €2.99
6 months £14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99
1 year £24.99 / $32.99 / €32.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
The retina display is not fully supported
Just like the title said, I have to zoom the page first, every single time, if I want to read the article clearly.
Please solve this issue since this is really bothersome. I have subscribed for 1 year and I don't want to get the next issues exactly like existing issues.
- Imagine Publishing
- 66.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription Rp 45ribu
- 6 Month Subscription Rp 299ribu
- 1 Year Subscription Rp 479ribu
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.