MusicJOT is a powerful music notation app that's also easy to use. Write quickly and naturally on a staff and watch it rendered into beautifully notated music. Interact directly, quickly dragging notes around to change their pitch or duration and choose advanced features from pop-up palettes. Listen to your composition with our full-featured audio playback engine, featuring unlimited tracks and 128 built-in General MIDI instruments. Export your scores in MusicXML or MIDI and pick them up in any desktop notation app such as Finale® or Sibelius® for final tweaking and printing.
• Enter music with your own natural handwriting and a stylus. Optimized for Apple Pencil®. Also directly supports Adonit® stylus.
• Alternative palette-driven system for notes and music symbols.
• Layers let you control and de-clutter what is displayed.
• "Virtual Pointer" allows spot-checking notes, local playback of notes or chords and entering/selecting events.
• The "Visual Road Map" shows your composition's repeat structure.
• Lyric support with automatic syllable flowing.
• Number of staffs and measures limited only by your device.
• Group instruments together, such as a woodwind section in an orchestral score.
• MusicJOT doesn't force you to maintain legal notation. Correct measures at any time with the Illegal Measure Buttons.
• Advanced settings allow fine tuning of dozens of parameters to tailor your notation style.
• Complete contextual help system, including a device-resident manual and tutorials.
• Individual staffs can be transposed for transposing instruments, such as trumpets and saxophones.
• Batch note manipulations, such as transpositions and copy/paste with merge, append and replace.
• Directly change note pitches (diatonic, chromatic) or durations by dragging when not in handwriting mode.
• Playback support for tempo markings and dynamics.
• Music spacing adjustable.
• Context sensitive menu system after selections for many often used operations such as octave transpositions, note/rest toggle, common triplets, and simple repeats, etc.
• Score manager allows creation of new scores from templates or custom setup.
• Air print directly from MusicJOT.
• Multiple voices per staff.
• A Staff Manager lets you rearrange all staffs.
• A new Transformation Editor lets you experiment with a variety of tools that you can apply to your predefined regions.
• A new Chord Editor lets you create playable text-based chords.
• Now with AirDrop.
Playhead position when moving into and out of full audio mode has been improved.
Fixed an issue where play/pause/play was not resuming where the play head left off.
Fixed an issue where changing the virtual pointer size live via preferences was not updating itself.
Fixed an issue where glissandi between systems of more than one staff when split between systems was drawing incorrectly.
Fixed an issue where tapping quickly on a context sensitive menu item was not always giving user immediate feedback.
Fixed an issue when changing color themes a duplicate set of right side buttons was being created after an orientation change.
Fixed an issue where “Tutorials” was not reaching our servers and came up with a 404 - not found.
Fixed an issue where inside staff marks (such as tenuto, staccato) were not avoiding collisions with other marks if the note was on a line and outside of the staff.
Minimum zoom level for full audio mode is now the same as in normal score view. If left side controls get too crowded, they are minimized.
Added AirDrop to the Share menu.
Welcome screen now has a “New Features” section which shows automatically with each new updated version.
Added new animated gifs to Welcome screen highlighting new features.
Added a new action menu item: Move events between staffs which can move text, tempo markings, chords and expressions en masse between staffs.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.