Oz Weather Plus - Australia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Intelligently designed and updated for iOS10 - All the essential Australian weather information from the Bureau of Meteorology - presented quickly, clearly and elegantly - plus powerful and unique new features!
Now also includes Apple watch app, including current weather data in complications on the watch face!
WHAT IT HAS:
► Forecasts - so you know what to expect for the week ahead, in beautifully colourful, clear and readable presentation
► Current Weather - so you know what is happening now (for ALL your nearby locations)
► Recent Weather - so you know how we got here (with 3 day history tables and graphs)
► Animated Radar - so you know where it is raining, and whether it is heading your way (with animated radar image loops), also now fully zoomable, with crosshairs centred on your own location
► Tide data and graphs
- For hundreds of primary and secondary tide sites around Australia
► Push Notifications
- App badging with current temp, forecast max, warnings
- Local warnings alerts
► Widget on the Notifications screen - with 3 in-app options for forecast format - brief text, long text, graphical
► NEW and UNIQUE to this app - Weather Alarms!!!
- For example when the temperature crosses any threshold, like 35C
- Or the windspeed, or amount of rain, or humidity level, etc...
► Lots More Features (just some of many..!)
- Rainfall forecast maps for up to 4 days ahead
- Map showing all nearest local observations
- Map of major cities' observations and forecasts
- Map of state and nationwide latest observed temperatures
- Synoptic history maps and forecast maps
- National satellite cloud image loops
- Forecast maximum UV index map
- 7 day forecasts for more than 500 official forecast locations
- Detailed local observations for more than 800 locations, typically updated every 10 mins
- Each forecast location includes up to 10 nearest official observation locations, accessible by side-scrolling action.
- 50+ rain radar locations around Australia
- Weather and radar data delivery has been carefully optimised to arrive quickly on your iPhone
This application was created by an Australian app developer with a passion for meteorology and making great useful and fun apps. The original Oz Weather made it to #1 in the Australian app store - and this new version is way more advanced!
- This application contains weather data *only* for Australian locations. It is offered to overseas users only for those who want to keep an eye on Australian weather.
- Your feedback is welcomed, and the application includes an email link on its About screen for that purpose (email@example.com)
What's New in Version 3.0
I'm very pleased to be able to bring you some nice app enhancements - don't worry though, nothing dramatic enough to make you uncomfortable at seeing an unfamiliar new interface! No, rather these changes are going to be apparent and appreciated mainly by enthusiasts and "power users".
* If your device has a screen wide enough, the weather history tabulation now includes apparent temperature. Apparently this may be helpful to some users. ;-)
* History graphs have had substantial overhaul with improved appearance, scales, and addition of apparent temperature to the temperature graph.
Widget & Watch
* Both widget and watch now have an option to either follow the main app location selection, or else stick to a "Home" location. So you no longer need to keep remembering to go back to your usual location in the app to avoid the watch or widget unintentionally showing you weather from the other side of Australia.
* The widget appearance is slightly improved by removing the unnecessary background frame. Also looks better when widget is displayed in compact mode.
* Watch complication now has a new option to display temperature (as before) or (newly) apparent temperature, humidity, wind speed, uv index or forecast maximum temperature instead. Not sure how many will actually use these new options. I suspect this will cover just about all possible weather-buff's needs. But if you have any other requests for the complications, please drop me a line.
* When adding forecast cities using the map option, you'll see a much improved interface, where zooming in causes the available location markers to show the names of each location. Surely this will make it much easier to find the actual location you want to add, right?
* I've managed to improve the readability of some special warnings, so you won't have to squint quite so much. Yay.
* Found a subtle issue causing possible crash due to updating the UI from a background thread. Yes a naughty thing to do but I just couldn't trace it until Apple added a new type of warning message that gave me a great "Sherlock" insight. This one has been here for years but rather rare, so doubt you'll actually notice it. But I'm hoping it will push crash free sessions up from 99%+ to 99.9%+.
* Quite a few minor tweaks that just seem too minor to bother mentioning here. But I'm hoping you'll notice anyway. :-)
As always, after updating, if you are enjoying the app, please do leave or update an app store review. Reviews for previous versions get a little buried whenever a new update comes out, and having a good average rating for this new version is very helpful in keeping app downloads up, which of course keeps me well-motivated to keep coming with yet more enhancements. So you see it works to the advantage of us both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Rp 45ribu
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 12 January 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- © Ajnaware Pty Ltd, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.