By Matthias Gansrigler
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Use ScreenFloat to create floating screenshots that are always visible, no matter which application you're in.
This way, you don't have to move or resize windows around to keep information visible on your screen.
• Floating Screenshots
Screenshots you create with ScreenFloat
(by default with the keyboard hotkey cmd-shift-2)
immediately open up and are always displayed
in front of other windows, following you around,
no matter which application, space or fullscreen app you are in.
Shots can be changed in size, or in opacity by scrolling up or down within them.
• Shots Browser
ScreenFloat keeps your shots around
for later reference when you close them.
Shots are collected in the Shots Browser
where you can name, tag, organize and categorize them.
• Quick and easy export of shots
You can send shots created with ScreenFloat
to any application that handles image files.
A double click onto a floating shot will open it in
a default application you can specify for even quicker export.
Here's what customers say about ScreenFloat:
"Totally indispensable tool for OS X." - manuelalonso54, US App Store
"Completely replaces OS X's screenshot tool." - wok4, German App Store
"I love this app. Use it every day." - Mitch20123, Australian App Store
Here's what the press says about ScreenFloat:
"A brilliant tool. It transformed my workflow overnight." - Richard Moss, mac.appstorm.net
"Since I started using ScreenFloat, my workflow greatly improved." - Federico Viticci, macstories.net
"It's an essential tool for anyone doing real work on a Mac." - Brett Terpstra, engadget.com
For a demo version and further information, please visit ScreenFloat's website.
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter at @ScreenFloatApp or @eternalstorms.
What's New in Version 1.5.11
This update comes with the following small improvements...:
- Shots can now be hidden individually
- Filenames are now appended with the Shot's creation date when dragged out so they don't replace shots with the same name (thank you, Günter)
...and squashes the following ghastly bugs:
- Fixed a bug where disabled system shortcuts were unavailable
- Fixed a bug with localizations - German now works again
- Removed some legacy code
- Fixed a crash when retrying to upload to ImageShack
- Fixed a bug where, when a shot was hidden and quickly shown again, it would vanish (also happened when dragging)
- 1.5.11: Fixes a bug in the german localization that would cause the Shots Browser to not be shown
- Known issue: sometimes, when closing a shot, it doesn't show up in the Shots Browser until a restart of ScreenFloat. I'm still looking into it.
Thank you for using ScreenFloat!
If you have a minute, please consider leaving a review on the Mac App Store - you would make my day.
Thank you :)
I think I’m crying of the awesomeness of this app. Its simple, very useful for writing, designing, and making. Magnificent work you have there Matt. Thanks!
- Rp 79ribu
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 11 April 2014
- Version: 1.5.11
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Matthias Gansrigler
- © 2015, Eternal Storms Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor