WordWeb Pro Dictionary
By WordWeb Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The WordWeb Pro English dictionary and thesaurus with 70 000 audio pronunciations. Includes definitions, usage examples, synonyms, and many related related words.
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
- 70,000 professionally recorded audio pronunciations
There are hint links between words that sound the same or are often confused. Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
- Full Text Search
No Internet connection is required. If you have also installed the Oxford Dictionary of English or the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary they be automatically detected and shown in separate tabs for quick cross-referencing. Can be used with Services to easily look up words in other programs.
What's New in Version 1.7
New words and definitions. Full text search compatibility and other minor fixes.
- Rp 59ribu
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 01 March 2015
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 174 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Antony Lewis
- © WordWeb Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor