AIG SmartLane Telematics App is the new free to download "try before you buy" safe driving app. At AIG, we are changing how we look at drivers. Any driver can download the telematics app and take the AIG SmartLane Challenge. Use the smart app to drive over 1000km for a minimum of 60 days and you could "Save up to 20%*" on car insurance from AIG. By using the safe driving app users can measure their driving performance and will receive realtime driving tips to help them improve .The AIG SmartLane app uses smartphone GPS technology to measure driving performance and provide feedback on your safe driving. It is ideal for all drivers who want to improve their driving and want to qualify for better value car insurance.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Take AIG The SmartLane Challenge:
1.Download the AIG SmartLane Safe Driving App
2.Drive for at least 1000km over 60 days
3.Score of 75+ to qualify for a discount of AIG Car Insurance
Your earned discount is valid for 12 months meaning you can change to our fantastic AIG Car Insurance with breakdown assist now included as standard, at a time that suits you.
Your Score and What It Means:
Throughout the AIG SmartLane Challenge you will have full access to your journeys and their scores through the AIG SmartLane Safe Driving App. Your Score is a figure up to 100 and represents how well you drive. The higher the score the better you rate as a driver. To pass the SmartLane Challenge you will need to score at least 75. You can see our scoring breakdown below:
Passed: 75 - 79 | 5% Discount
Merit: 80 - 84 | 10% Discount
Distinction: 85 - 89 | 15% Discount
Master: 90+ | 20% Discount
How does the AIG SmartLane Telematics Insurance app work?
1. Download the AIG SmartLane Safe Driving App to your smartphone.
2. Enter some simple personal details and create your own personal account, we will need this to contact you at the end of the challenge.
3. Drive your car as you would normally drive.
4. The smart App records your journeys and provides you with a score of how well you drive.
5. Use the App and driver tips to help improve your driving for each journey.
6. Your overall score is based upon your long term driving habits. This includes your speed, acceleration and braking, cornering, time of day and how long you spend driving on each journey.
Please note: continued use of GPS may drain your battery quicker than normal and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What Data is captured by the App?
Personal Information - The information you enter into the App in order to register; your Name, Date of birth, E-mail Address and a password.
Once you've downloaded the AIG SmartLane 'Try Before You Buy Safe Driving app and registered, driving Data** will be captured from Your Mobile Device regarding your driving style. This will include braking, accelerating, cornering, location, distance, route travelled and time of day. We will encrypt (securely scramble) the Data when this is being transferred from Your Mobile Device. An electronic data feed will translate the GPS (location) co-ordinates from the safe driving app to a specific location which will provide detail regarding the road type and speed limit of the road You are driving on at any specific time. This information will be used to build up a profile of Your driving.
**Data the information we collect from Your Mobile Device related to driving behaviour. This includes the time, date, phone status (i.e. in use or being moved) and identity, network state, your location as defined by GPS co-ordinates, the battery state and accelerometer information for each journey where the App has recorded such Data.
For more information please visit the AIG SmartLane app website;
Fixed and issue where the App is hanging on the journey screen in iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, so many details about my journeys were bang on. Really liked how easy it is to see where I can improve my driving and move about for screen to screen. Everyone should try it, ...... & itsFree👍
This app is totally useless. Obviously set to ensure low average points. No apparent link to driving skill. I have deliberately driven badly & got a good score and then when driving very carefully got low score. It always deducts points for fatigue regardless of time of day or night and shows markers for rough braking when you stop at a junction. Totally useless.
Issues sing IOS update
This app has not been updated to work with the most recent IOS, journeys aren’t being properly recorded and the app stalls when you try to view your journeys.
- American International Group, Inc.
- 99.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © American International Group Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.