By Asthma Society of Ireland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Asthma patients now have a new tool to assist in their asthma management on a daily basis.
Asthma Coach is a FREE app for iPhone.
It allows users to record and track their asthma symptoms, medication usage, and peak flow to help control their asthma.
The free application allows users to quickly and easily log their asthma activity, their medications, and asthma triggers in the form of a diary. Users may share the diary and a colour graph of their asthma activities with their healthcare professional or other dedicated individual.
The app is designed, in consultation with healthcare professionals and asthma patients, to allow users to create an electronic record, where they can track every part of their asthma, to help patients’ better control and treat their asthma symptoms by use of mobile technology. Asthma Coach makes it very easy for patients or their parents to keep a diary of Peak Flow Measurements, symptoms, medication usage, attacks and check ups; it also contains a customisable action plan that should be developed with their healthcare professional. There is a function to send this information in the form of a report to their healthcare professional. This mobile asthma management tool was developed to help patients to achieve better control of their condition and improve their quality of life.
Users can update your personal info and contact details with a push to call function, so that the emergency services or their next of kin can be contacted at the push of a button.
The app is simple to use and will allow you to create reminders for medical appointments, medications, vaccinations, peak flow recording and asthma control tests.
Detailed asthma information and instructional videos help users understand their asthma.
The live pollen feed allows users to monitor allergens like pollen and spores. (Pollen Feed Sponsored by Dyson)
The Diary section gives users a digital space to record their attacks, see charts and statistics and email reports to themselves or their healthcare professional.
• Track your trigger exposures and subsequent symptoms.
• Recognise your symptoms so you know when to use a reliever or seek medical care.
• Oversee your medication by building a person profile and creating reminders.
• Reminders allow you to fit your treatment into a busy lifestyle
• Dyson sponsored pollen feed allows users to avoid exposure to allergens which can trigger symptoms
• Contacting medical care or next of kin in emergencies is easy with the ICE section
• Diary section allows users to log attacks and build statistics and graphs as part of their asthma management plan
• Users can then email a report to their healthcare professional.
• Users can take the validated Asthma Control Test (ACT) for both adults and children.
Great app for anyone with asthma or allergies. Really useful for keeping track of my symptoms and knowing when my asthma is getting worse. I especially like the pollen tracker feature. Essential for anyone with asthma.
Love the app and great for keeping track! Has great features like pollen count so you keep and eye on your triggers
Really good app love the pollen count cus I can now check wether to be careful or not outside cus I have very bad pollen allergies , just love it !!!
- Category: Medical
- Released: 12 November 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Asthma Society of Ireland
- © Asthma Society of Ireland
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.