Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking
By Bank of Ireland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking is designed to help you perform your banking ‘on the go’ and in a way that is convenient to you.
Our app has a host of features which can help you stay on top of your finances:
• View account balances
• View your recent transaction history
• View your accounts BIC/IBAN. **
• Share an accounts BIC/IBAN details via SMS text from your own phone. **
• Transfer money between your accounts
• Manage your Payees (add, activate, delete) from within the app. **
• Transfer money to your payees (both domestic and international payments*)
• Transfer money to your family and friends using only their mobile phone number (Customers must be registered for Pay to Mobile service)
• Pay your Bills
• Top Up your own/family/friends prepay mobile phones. **
• Open a 365 Monthly Saver account in minutes. **
• Search for Bank of Ireland Branches and ATMs in your area
• Contact Bank of Ireland
• Display your User ID after login so you will never forget it for 365 online
• Optional BIC when adding a payee (EU directive). BIC can be calculated from the IBAN
All accounts must be already registered on your 365 online profile in order to access them and perform above services on the Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking App.
You can get started by simply downloading the App and logging in with your existing 365 Online login details.
The first time you use the App, you will be asked to review and accept our Bank of Ireland online terms and conditions, which can also be viewed on www.bankofireland.com
Please note: the Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking app only supports OS versions 6 and higher.
** ROI customers only
Bank of Ireland is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. In the UK, Bank of Ireland is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request.
What's New in Version 1.7.2
Please upgrade your Mobile Banking App to allow us provide you with mandatory information following the recent introduction of EU (deposit guarantee schemes) regulations. This is relevant if you are opening a new account with us and will inform you how your account is protected by the Deposit Guarantee scheme.
If you have not recently upgraded the Mobile Banking App, you will now enjoy an exciting new range of benefits:
* You can now fully manage (add, activate, delete) your Payees all from your mobile phone
* Show & Share your BIC/IBAN ( sharing is via an SMS text from your own phone )
* Display your User ID after login so you will never forget it for 365 online
* Optional BIC when adding a payee (EU directive). BIC can be calculated from the IBAN
* Reduced size of App so it takes up less space on your phone
* A simplified payments and transfers flow.
Problems Launching The App
On too many occasions, when I launch the app I get an error message that says "We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later". The app itself is a little too basic for online banking. They could learn a lot from the AIB app that lets you cancel direct debits with a simple tap on the screen and too many other features that are better than the BOI app. If you're going to have a basic service at least make sure it's quick. The app needs a complete redesign. Poor!
This app always has bugs and doesn't work. Furthermore, it's very outdated in comparison to its competitors, for example, Ulster Bank allow you to request money from an ATM via a seamless function that doesn't require your card on demand, just the security codes. Moreover, the Ulster Bank also integrated 3D Touch option for the login, as opposed to the cumbersome details that are necessary to enter every time.
Oooh Sooo Slow Loading, that's when it Doesn't Freeze & Time Out.
Didn't think it was possible to dis-improve the crude & basic App that we've had so far.
However Bank Of Ireland succeeded with this version.
Now taking 4 or 5 attempts before logging into account.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 20 January 2016
- Version: 1.7.2
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bank Of Ireland
- © 2015 Bank of Ireland Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.