The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
Apple Watch Support:
Story summaries, glanceable headlines and breaking news alerts delivered straight to your wrist
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Urban Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
We aim to release regular improvements to the app. We have continued to work on some of the foundations of the app recently, to allow us to improve your experience in the future.
We've made some important changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy and we want you to know what this means for you and your data. Find out more at https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/your-data-matters/.
Ratings and Reviews
Best news app
I agree with most on here that this is the most trustworthy and well thought out news app there is however there are a few issues. As people have said in other comments there seems to be an issue with scrolling where it begins to stutter after reading a couple of articles. This has been happening for months now so hopefully it will be fixed in the next release. Still my go to news source though 👍
Amazing but not without bugs
This is my go to news app, however, annoyingly 1. videos always restart a few seconds in to play and they restart from the beginning 2. Too many “tourism” adverts are shown before major news stories! Otherwise great app!
Factual news at the touch of a button.
Great news source. Use it every day. Timely, balanced and well reported.
Only negative comment is the advertisements which I find intrusive and time wasting.
I particularly like the application of the news threads and news video content.
Well done the Beeb!
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 84.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.