National Biodiversity Data Centre of Ireland data capture application.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Very handy for reporting sightings on the spot. Just be sure to fill in your email address when you set up the app. Then you can search for your records in the database on the website.
Promising app but could be improved
Fantastic to see this app available for Irish biodiversity records: hooray! However there are a couple of things that bug me and reduce its usefulness:
• It seems a record can only be entered for the location where the phone actually is at the time you enter the record: not much use if you’re back at the car or recalling something you saw earlier. See BTO BirdTrack app for how to do this properly.
• You can upload a picture (excellent idea): however you can only take a picture there and then - there’s no option to select an existing picture from your camera roll.
• Minor quibble: Locations are uploaded as lat/long rather than using the grid ref
Also it would be great to be able to browse previously uploaded records (as you can do on the website).
Hopefully these will be addressed in an update soon.
Great idea gone wrong
Fantastic idea if you can tell your different type of butterfly or bee from each other. Requires too high a level of detailed knowledge for the ordinary 5/8, best suited to PhD and above in Zoolology. Don’t try to contact them via their website either, easier to get through to the CIA!
- Compass Informatics Limited
- 86.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Compass Informatics Ltd. & National Biodiversity Data Centre
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.