By Emily DeVoto
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unsure about a recording? Let the Classical Ear have a listen.
The Classical Ear app delivers a new, expert, original classical CD review to your iPhone every weekday. Click on the pop-up push message to open up a 150-word review within the app. Each review comes with cover art, a sound clip and links to purchase the music as a download or a physical CD. You get lots of professionally written reviews for a fraction of what the magazines charge, in a simple, smart-looking, concise, multimedia format…AND it's mobile. Because we're ad-free, our reviews are authoritative and independent, and they're written just for the app. Really, it's the only app of its kind.
Classical Ear helps you:
* make informed classical music purchases
* get value for money
* build a CD library
* learn about a wide range of music
* explore lesser-known - and better-known! - composers and performers
* An ever-growing archive of reviews
* Easy access to downloads and purchase
* A "Favourites" function
* Browsing by composer, performer, era, genre and keyword
Download and a 2-week trial period are free. You can subscribe monthly for £1.99 or annually for just £19.99. Any and all updates are included, along with the archive. More great features are in the works; subscribe now to avoid missing out as we grow Classical Ear!
Reviews are written by Andrew Achenbach (AA) and colleagues with similar passion and listening ability, across a range of expertise: from early music to opera and beyond, you'll find it with us.
Talk to us!
On the web: http://classicalear.co.uk
On Facebook: http://facebook.com/ClassicalEar
On Twitter: @ClassicalEar
Classical Ear subscription details (in-app purchase):
Monthly subscription: £1.99
Subscribers receive a new review each weekday over a 30-day period starting with the initiation of the subscription (5 per week, 25-28 per month), access to full archive.
Annual subscription: £19.99
Subscribers receive a new review each weekday over a 12-month period starting with the date of the initiation of the subscription (5 per week, 25-28 per month, ~260 per year)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase - Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period - Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal - Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase - No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Classical Ear
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Fixes for some users experiencing trial expiry issues.